For weeks now I've been gathering quotes for my flowers journal and earlier today I finally sat down and wrote them out using white ink on black construction paper.
I've been adding papers into the binder and getting things ready to start on the collage process. Some of the pages came from the original BHG book while others are from my stash.
Once that was done, I went through my ephemera and pulled out the floral/garden related items.
I ended up sorting those bits and pieces into my stack of white baskets to make finding things easier . . . the system is working well so far and I'm delighted with the number of bits that are now glued into the journal (as in "have been used").
Here is one page on parchment paper which is why you can see the following sheet shadowed underneath.
Here is another page, also on parchment paper.
This page features a seed envelope with a vintage heavy-weight card inside.
There's lots more to add before those baskets are emptied.
* * *
You can see Francisca's Flowers Magic Art Fest journals before they were filled by clicking HERE.
I learned so much from watching her free class on how to make these and I'll definitely incorporate some of her methods in future projects - but I'm not into eco dye and I don't have a stash of previously painted papers, so I went my own eclectic/scrappy way.
And if you'd like to see a flip through of another instructor's completed Flowers Magic Art Fest journals, click HERE. SO very different than how mine will look.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"But out of limitations comes creativity."
Debbie Allen





2 comments:
Your pages are looking so pretty--love how you are setting them up and collaging on them...[I ordered some hole reinforcements for my binder pages--the old papers seem to be pretty flimsy in my binder!]
It's such a fun project to work with one of these. I am slowly un-earthing and collecting Wintery and Christmas-sey scraps to use...As mine will sort of be a December Daily type, I want to include my Christmas cards this year...we'll see how that goes...Enjoy working in your Journal hugs, Julierose
Oh, the satisfying joy of following your own imagination and so creating something unique on the planet! Another delightful journal is in process and for your happiness. How perfect is that?
Hugs!
Post a Comment