Friday, August 25, 2023

Coddiwomple - an Update



Instead of standing on a step stool to add the final five rows of Coddiwomple (and another earlier post here), I opted to start sewing rows together. 

Once that is done, I can move the whole lower portion down and not need the stool for those final rows.


At this point, eight of the rows are pieced and sewn together.

I am always amazed at the shrinkage once the seam allowances are used - a reduction of roughly eight horizontal inches in this case.

p.s.  I am really liking this almost-all-aboriginal-fabrics quilt-to-be!

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"An artist is an explorer."
Henri Matisse

9 comments:

Julierose said...

this is so colorful and lovely--real eye candy!!:))) A whole lot of 1/2 sq triangle work in there...I like those pops of cheddars and oranges...
nice work on this hugs, Julierose

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Yeah, I'm really liking it, too.

Barbara Anne said...

It is always a surprise how all of those seam allowances shrink the quilt, expected but also unexpected!
Great fabrics, too. You've got me thinking about my Aussie fabrics, sent to me a couple of decades ago by an Aussie quilting sister. It's time to use them...

Hugs!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love this one! I do the same thing you are doing sometimes too, start sewing the bottom together and move it down. No ladders for me.

Vicki W said...

The quilt is going to be fabulous!

Ginny A said...

This is wonderful! The fabrics make such a statement. Great tip to avoid the ladder.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Isn't it fun to use one humble block and watch it turn into a fabulous work of art! It is always amazing to me to see the never ending possibilities.

Kaja said...

I am loving this too!

Mystic Quilter said...

Was sure I had left a comment here, but maybe not, however I do like how Coddiwomple is coming along. Your idea for working on the lower rows and then bringing them lower is one I must follow. Stretching up to the top of the design wall has not done my shoulders any favours at all.