Friday, August 18, 2023

Twelve More Rows to Go


The first ten of Coddiwomple's 22 rows are laid out on the design wall.  That means only twelve more rows to lay out before I can start sewing this one together.

(all but the center column of HSTs were randomly sorted onto 22 plates so that the B&W were even distributed amongst the rows)

You can double click to see more fabric details.


In the other studio room, DH got involved when I suggested shifting my art table and supplies into the closet (he didn't think that was such a good idea for multiple reasons and I agreed).

After studying my existing arrangement, he suggested my folding table was too small and flimsy and I added that it was also low and not adjustable.

The well-aged stretching table (shown above) was taken apart (that's the foam LM was using in his fort) which freed up a goodly bit of space under the drafting table.


Here is the view after both tables were moved out of the way.


An evening trip to Ikea netted this new office table with adjustable legs.

It is longer and deeper than what I had before which makes me very happy.

It is sturdier, too.

DH also suggested that I borrow the desk chair from our office since the stool I had been using was causing some back ache.


Oh, yes - this is MUCH better - and adding the chair mat also helped make things less uneven.


Everything is back in place.  I found a decent office chair at Costco earlier this week and put it together one evening so the chair shown above could go back into our office.

I'm ready to get back to work on several smallish journal projects as well as finishing up the foundations for the Rolodex cards.

All in good time.

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet."
LM Montgomery

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Looks like you've refined your set up to the optimum--always good to have a decent chair too...enjoy your new room...hugs, Julierose

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

All sounds (and looks) great! Yes, definitely take care of your back; if you're in pain, and not operating under full speed everything else suffers. Believe me! Your organizational skills are inspiring!

Barbara Anne said...

What wonderful and not too complicated changes to make your creative life easier and more ergonomic so you're more comfortable, too. Excellent!!

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice new table Julie, so important to have the correct arrangement and also the chair. Im liking progress with Coddiwomple.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

your room looks great!!
Coddiwomple looks very cool!!!