Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Pikachu and Meri - The Quilts


Here is LM's Pikachu stuffie on the quilt we made a while back.

Several of you wondered why it needed to be 36" x 36" . . . 


Pika wrapped like a burrito . . . 


LM's dog standing on the quilt (with her much-loved lion Kong toy) . . .


And Pika waiting for LM in his bed/tent.


As I cut squares for the quilt headed to Nancy S for the Ukrainian refugee children, LM grabbed all of my end-cuts.

He put this together on the design wall while I worked.


I took a few liberties with his design but this was the 23" x 26" slab after pin basting.


Freshly quilted and boy/Meri tested and approved.


Meri posing with her finished quilt.

Two finished quilts that are already well-loved.

* * *

I've spent the last few days putting things back where they belong and completely re-organizing my mixed media materials/projects.  

One step at a time!



Quiltdivajulie


7 comments:

Julierose said...

It is really hard to find storage for all one's crafts, I think. Flitting about from one to the other and having them still to hand!!
Cute photos of LM wrapped in his blankie;)))
Stay cool hugs, Julierose

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

These projects just make me smile! They are so happy!

Barbara Anne said...

I imagine you were smiling as you tidied up because for everything your touched, there was a happy memory!

Seems to me LM is quite likely to be a quilter for his whole amazing life. :)

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great to do just some fun quilted projects to be enjoyed and such wonderful colors all together. I have to think about breaking away from the big quilts for a short trip to fun small quilts.

Kathleen said...

How completely lovely - quilts, boy, stuffies...

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh I love the photos of Pikachu on his very own quilt, and bundled up beautifully, Meri the meerkat (I'm assuming it's a meerkat) they're one of my favourite little creatures, love the facial expression!

Nann said...

Happy smiles and charming quilts. (LM is developing quite a design sense, too.)