Tuesday, May 9, 2023

May-June Wall Quilt Finished


The focus for our May and June seasonal decor is Family since we celebrate four wedding anniversaries, two birthdays, Mother's Day, and Father's Day during those two months.


I chose a floral panel for the dining room wall quilt.

This photo shows the Grunge binding before it was attached.


I used that same panel in 2021 on the back of Dumpster Diving 10 - Do Tell.

Funny story with that quilt - when I shared it during the 2022 Davies Manor quilt show, Do Tell was hung with the back side facing out.  When I pointed that out to one of the organizers, she quickly took the quilt down and rehung it as she laughingly said "well, you shouldn't make your backs so beautiful that they look like the front of a quilt."


Quilted with all over liberated spiral fans using Glide thread in Graphite.


Such wonderful texture . . . 


And here is the finished quilt hanging on the wall.

* * *

We have one more sleep left in this four-sleep visit from Little Man.   Such a busy, curious, loving, interesting boy.  

Who else besides me cannot believe that kindergarten ends in less than three weeks which will make him a first-grader?!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Each morning we are born again.  What we do today is what matters most."
Buddha

9 comments:

Paulette said...

That's absolutely gorgeous, Julie! The flowers seem perfect in light of all the celebrations in the coming months. Love your quilting, too!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Me! Me!! I can't believe that he's a rising FIRST GRADER already! Just like our grands (and our own children too),it seems that once they start school it all goes by at break-neck speed! Your wall hanging is truly beautiful!

Barbara Anne said...

What a lovely addition to your dining room and perfect for the many celebrations you'll host. Funny story from that Davies Manor quilt show!

1st grade on the horizon????! Yikes! May I please be excused from being 6 years older?

Hope your energy is returning and that you're feeling good again.

Hugs!

Judy in Michigan said...

Love it!! Perfect for May/June! Do you think that panel is still available? Name/manufacturer? Sorry to ask so much info but I do love it!!! You did such a great job with it.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a beautiful panel and perfect for May-June.
One of my great-grands ends his kindergarten year too. They grow up so fast. All day kindergarten somehow makes him see older than he is.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh what a wonderful flower panel! You quilted it marvelously. I need to do some more panels or small quilts for home instead of my paltry few. I can't believe my grandson will be going to high school in the fall. Goes so fast.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Such a beautiful floral wall quilt, very effective!

audrey said...

You really do have a great habit of making the backing beautiful! This is a gorgeous quilt. Love all the quilting texture.:)

MissPat said...

Love the story about the quilt being hung with the backing face forward. Talk about time flying. I just learned yesterday that my oldest grandson is getting married at the end of this year. Oh my.
Pat