The stack of leftover bright on black (BOB) strips have finally been sewn into six placemat slabs.
You can read about their backstory in THIS POST.
The slabs have been paired with batting and backing fabric.
The backing was originally intended for a baby quilt but has instead been chosen for these colorful summertime placemats.
This is the thread I'll use . . .
I have also pin-basted Bon Mot and chosen thread for quilting.
Weeks ago I had promised younger son I would have it done in time for his birthday which has crept up on me and happens next week.
Let the liberated free motion quilting begin.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life."
John Lubbock





5 comments:
What joy-joy colors and fabrics!
As you machine quilt, may your thread not break and your fabric not bunch or wrinkle!
Hugs!
There is nothing like a deadline to get things done. I have often thought I should put fake deadlines on the calendar to prompt me. I love all of the blacks with brights.
You and Max are going to have dinner big fun!! Happy upcoming birthday to DS2, Julie!!!
I made some placemats a few years ago. I like they way yours "match" better. Not all the same fabrics but they fit together better.
Good luck getting your quilting done in time for your son's birthday. Your placemat fabrics remind me, somehow, of fireworks.
Post a Comment