Over the past month, in between other things, I have been working on my See Rock City/Build a Barn journal.
You can read the initial post for the project HERE (scroll about half way through the post).
The photo above shows the tag I added inside the front of the book.
I included an updated photo of the aging barn we pass every time we head out to the big box stores.
December 2014 . . . it seems like yesterday when the SSOBB began.
The timeline includes lots of little things as well as the big dates.
The journal can absolutely be read without it, but having it in the journal makes me happy.
The publisher's 96 pages definitely grew thicker.
I'm very pleased with the results and I learned a few more things during the process.
Is it perfect?
No, but it is perfectly imperfect and that is just fine with me.
It is also finished.
* * *
If you'd like to see the rest of the page photos, click HERE to visit the journal's Google Photos album.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Art is chaos taking shape."
Pablo Picasso





4 comments:
I'd heard of smash books but I wasn't sure exactly what they are. Now I am better informed. Using your book is a clever way to personalize the personal!
You KNOW that I would follow the link, right? Thanks for a journey through the SSOBB gallery of quilts, Julie! I've been to the book's blog, but that was ages ago. It was SEW nice to visit all the wonderful barn quilts again in the pages of your smash book!
I wish I was there at the beginning of the barn saga. I have your book and feel intimidated to start. I have loved barns ever since I was tiny. I had hoped to live in one. I would love to have a barn studio. So glad you finished your journal book.
Can't believe that it was 2014, shows how quickly the years fly by. I was lucky enough to buy a copy of your book - sadly still no barn in my studio although our daughter is in the UK presently and there are lots of barns to photograph over there.
Post a Comment