Do you remember my Pretty in Pink project?
These blocks have been clipped and waiting since August.
Now (at last) they are sewn together into a quilt top complete with borders.
I have pieced the backing and both top/back are rolled onto pool noodles ready to be pin basted.
I want to use this quilt with our February seasonal decor, so you can expect this one to move forward soon.
On another front, I've chosen a different backing fabric for Macnas.
(Macnas - an Irish word for playfulness)
The minute I saw the updated Oriental Trees in green (from Kaffe's 85 and Fabulous Collection) I knew it was "the one."
I've cleared the design wall and completed rows five and six . . .
My goal is to have Macnas finished and ready to use with our March decor.
* * *
As a side note - I have responded to several comments from the last two posts only to have my emails "bounce back" after the commenter's server rejected them as "spam." Some of these are bloggers I've emailed with for years which is even more frustrating.
Especially if you use Gmail, please add my email address as a "safe sender" in your online Gmail system. Adding it on your desktop, phone, and/or tablet is no longer sufficient - it now needs to be done at the online level.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Your home [studio] should be the antidote to stress, not the cause of it."
Peter Walsh




9 comments:
wow all lovely projects...it is amazing how the right fabric can take a simple design and kick it up several notches...
What a happy and delightful your Blue Quilt will be and I love your chosen fabrics! Yum!
I'll have to remember that quotation, too, as my small sewing room is currently a daunting disaster. Sigh!
Hugs!
You reminded me I need to get back to cutting my pink half rectangles. I love your combinations.
I love every single thing you showed today. The pink triangles are gorgeous. I just love the green rectangles, make me think of spring. The new backing choice is wonderful. The blues pulls are a super start. I have been trying to finish a stalled disappearing hourglass (clipped now to web), a star swap quilt stalled because I did not know how to make it bigger (moving but stalled with 12 blocks left because I ran out of B&W prints), and now I am cutting out a Rolling Stone from a well aged layer cake. One quilt on the longarm finally also. Hope to get the momentum rolling as you are.
Lovely stained glass effect from Pretty in Pink! Backing for Macnas, is this from the new range by Kaffe? I'm told that the design is quite a lot larger than the original. Your blue pull - absolutely gorgeous! Nuisance about the bouncing of your comments - I do have you set up as safe and not spam in my system.
Such beautiful colors and a great plan to make monthly quilts. I think I've said that before but I really like your plan.
As always, loveliness on display here! You are an organizational guru and I am in awe.
Your pink blocks remind me of the pojagi 'stained glass' from our guild's February program (https://www.epidastudio.com/about/). I have something very like Midnight Hydrangeas but hadn't thought about it for a quilt back. Hmmm...
A test comment to see if I can post.
Post a Comment