I've decided to focus on "greens" for my Crumb Box Diamonds project.
Here you can see the beginnings of that plan.
And yes, you've seen this approach before (think Dumpster Diving).
My version will definitely be "inspired by" and not a reproduction of the original Lancaster Diamond Sampler!
Here are about 3/4 of the strips I'll need to sew into slabs if my calculations are even close to correct.
There's still a lot of piecing (and pressing) yet to go.
This is the first diamond with it's quarter-inch seam allowances intact.
It is shown here laying on what I (at this point) plan to use for the sashing (aka background).
Here is a look at more of the multiple greens on the gold print.
Now you may be wondering why I chose these colors - because this will become the March wall quilt for our dining room.
(And, as predicted, I will not be making an 84" x 84" quilt as shown in the book)
DH gifted me EQ8 for Christmas so I spent a bit of time coming up with this approximation of the end result.
At this point I'm thinking I will orient all of the diamonds so they slant upwards and to the right (like the one shown above).
I'm also thinking that my sashing will not include the book's cornerstones.
The setting triangles will most likely be cut from yardage, but that remains to be seen.
EQ tells me this layout will measure 30" wide x 47" long.
We shall see if that proves to be true.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Normal is an illusion.
What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."
Morticia Adams







12 comments:
Wow! I love where this has gone/is going. Fanny and her friend, I am certain, would be utterly amazed! Meanwhile, I think I've made about 45 diamonds from the book and plug away at it.
wow very nice...should bust a lot of crumbs!
I just love crumbs!
You have a wonderful array of greenery there to create your diamonds! This will be such a pretty piece for your dining area. Hugs, Julierose
What great greens and a great plan
You are so organized with your scraps... I am impressed!
This is grand- scrappy diamonds are currently THIS girl's best friend right now, too!
This is inspiring me not to throw out those tiny pieces in the bottom of the blue bin!
Wonderful beginning for your March wall quilt! You have a glorious array of delightful green crumbs to use.
Psst! Morticia's last name is Addams.
Hugs!
Fantastic greens! This will be just right for a springtime quilt.
Wonderful design idea. The eclectic assortment (I see Dr. Seuss along with Kaffe florals) will shine. I'm sure you'll have EQ mastered in no time.
I like where you're going with this one Julie, the greens are luscious, especially on the warm sashing fabric fabric, I should say 'at this point' I guess, we shall wait and see.
Love, love the greens crumbs. So now you can play with EQ also? Hmm, wonder what you will dream up next. I have to think quick for Valentine's Day and get some cards made.
Post a Comment