Saturday, October 15, 2022

Weekend Plans


October's placemats are finished and ready to be used.


I'm calling these reversible since I honestly can't decide which side I like more.  

I have four or five more placemat sets planned for the coming months. When I did the clean out and reorganization of our seasonal decor in the attic, I figured out a good place to store the off-cycle placemat sets/napkins.  That lack of storage had been holding me back, but now I can go forward with my plan to have multiple sets of placemats to suit the seasons/monthly decor themes.  

(translation:  yet another opportunity to "use the stash")

* * *

The rest of this weekend is meant for cleaning up the studios, prioritizing projects waiting on deck based on when they will be needed, and maybe even some sewing or quilting action.  

However, our weather is still wonderful so I might decide to sit on the back porch and read or do some hand stitching on a project I hope to share on Monday.

Time will tell!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and therefore full of deep significance."
Calvin (and Hobbes)

10 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

You just have to take advantage of good weather this time of year since they will be fewer and fewer nice days in the weeks to come. It’s so good for the soul.

MissPat said...

Love Calvin and Hobbes. Like Peanuts, they are timeless. I should be outdoors on clean up duty, but it's very windy.
Pat

Sharon Kwilter said...

That border fabric is amazing. That's my favorite side! =)

Elaine M said...

These are sew cute! Could use both sides for a fun table. perfect binding.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad to hear your weather is still nice. We usually have warm weather in the first half of October, sometimes the whole month, but this year we are way below normal with many frost warnings at night.

I like both sides of your placemats too. You could call them Oct/Nov and flip them for the second month.

Vicki W said...

I love that steampunk owl fabric. It makes great placemats!

Julierose said...

I can see why you are torn between either side--they are both so pretty!!
I am in "resting" mode still--but it has been such nice weather here that i really don't mind...hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

The single-fabric side it cute, but the pieced side is gorgeous. Enjoy, Julie!

Darlene said...

Oh the paradox of fall; it triggers so many new ideas and opportunities. I love it 😻 that you’ve made space to be able to create something that brings you joy. And in doing so will make more space. 🤩 It’s a win-win! I can see why the October placements will be reversible- both sides are lovely! 🍁 I’m getting ready to visit grandkids in TX and went on a long walk to collect all varieties and colors of leaves to bring with me. My dog soon grew accustomed to my stopping and saying, “look at that beautiful leaf!” as I’d spy one with the sun hitting it just right. Also bringing some fresh apples for pie and art projects; leaf rubbings, pressing between waxed paper, apple stamping and glue will be involved. Happy fall Y’all! 🎃

Mystic Quilter said...

Was sure I had left comment here but maybe I'm dreaming, however I'm pleased the placemats are finished and looking super. Hope you were able to spend time relaxing.