In between a lot of other things, I made and quilted a new set of placemats with rows of steam punk owls, pumpkins, crows, and cats for October.
These are the pieced backs of the six quilted mats.
The binding is made but I haven't had time to sit down and finish these. Hopefully sometime this week I can get them done (in between multiple board-related meetings).
I also cut tops and backs for Novembers six new placemats.
All of the whole cloth backs are cut from the fabric on the left while there are two whole cloth tops each from the three Kaffe prints in the photo.
These will be bound with a warm brown Grunge - those strips are cut and pressed but the binding is not yet made.
I'm glad there are a couple more weeks to get these finished . . .
Outside there are several good sized pumpkins to enjoy through the end of November. These two are near our front door.
As our plants start to fade and yellow, it makes me happy to see these cheerful orange beauties.
And speaking of outdoors, we spent quite a bit of time in the back yard this weekend.
Little Man had a sleepover and the rope swing was used just as much (if not even more) than that first weekend.
(The garden hose in the photo outlines the lava pit - think "the floor is lava")
And of course he had to spend time in the workshop with DeeDah - happily taking his late-Sunday-afternoon birdhouse home to hang in their yard.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Art is about paying attention."
Laurie Anderson






7 comments:
I love the back of the placemats even more. I lost the entire week with covid. Because of 4 day fever, nothing got done or even thought to be done. Your yard looks like such an oasis.
I think we could all spend hours swinging. There is something so soothing about it.
Nice placemats Julie, I think I may try and sew a few ready for Christmas. Huge pumpkins and such a glorious orange! Isn't it good when our grandchildren come along and spend time with us - precious memories.
Love the steampunk fabric!
Haha, yes, we do "the floor is lava" here also!!
THose table mats are awesome! love that steampunk!!!
Sounds like you're all ready for fall! So good to see the pic of your grandson playing on the rope swing. Such good, clean fun! I hate that so many kids are spending mammoth amounts of time glued to the tv or computer these days. They are missing out on a lot!
Post a Comment