Wednesday, August 17, 2022

More Shopping of the Stash



Planning ahead, I have spent some time generating two more fabric pulls for comfort quilts to be donated in 2023.  

This is one grouping of paired fabrics (one darker, one brighter) that will become 6" finished HSTs.  

As time and energy permit, I'll get these die cut and into their project box.  It helps so much to have some pre-cut projects that allow me to just start stitching.

I have also set aside and labeled backing fabric for this project I've named SHAGGY (the backing fabric's name) so it will be ready to go when the time comes.


This is another color palette that has been cut into paired sets of 2.5" strips for a zig zag rail fence.  

They are already in a labeled project box with their chosen backing fabric labeled and waiting.

I've named this one TAKMEEL (which means "completion")

I like these combinations so much that a second quilt of a different design will be cut out before any remaining yardage returns to the stash. I chose several smaller pieces of complementary yardage to create a pieced backing (again, set aside and labeled).


I've heard a rumor that there may well be another baby in 2023 within my sister's family.  So Ferhoodle (shown here prior to the blocks being assembled) will have a destination, if indeed the rumor proves to be valid.


Again, if that rumor is true, the scrappy leftovers from Little Man's Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz (Dr. Seuss) quilt will be combined with the leftover pieced strips from Ohana to become a quilt for the baby's big brother.  I've named this quilt project RIDENT (which means "laughing, cheerful, smiling")



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people."
Vincent Van Gogh

10 comments:

Kaja said...

I’m curious. Are you starting with the fabric pull and deciding on the quilt block, or are you starting with, say a rail fence in mind and pulling the fabrics second?

Julierose said...

Lovely fabric pulls--I especially like the neutral ones....
;))) hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW smart, planning ahead like that, Julie! As much as I enjoy color. that neutral fabric pull is tugging at me. LOVE it!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I agree, you are Sew Smart! Love to see your planning. I have sets of fabrics that I have grouped but can't figure out what to make with them- like they are a precious set of resources that can't be messed up.

Mindy said...

Oh, my!!! Takmeel is my color jam. So happy to see that it is someone else's as well!! It took my breath away when I scrolled over it. Can't wait to see the flimsy! ~Mindy

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You have an amazing stash! Love what you pulled!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are right, having something cut and ready to sew any time is much better than starting from scratch when you want to sew. I need to get a couple more groups cut before fall so when the TV shows come back in their fall season I will be ready.

Mari said...

Pretty fabric pulls. Six inch hsts will make for a fast quilt! You are so right about having things cut-- it makes a lot of difference!

MissPat said...

I can't wait to see what you do with that first fabric pull.
Pat

Ann said...

I like them all but especially how you combine two sets of leftovers into the third quilt. What a clever way to use things up "right away." So much better than aging in the scrap bag.