Dot to Dot has achieved flimsy (quilt top) stage.
It measures 48" x 64" and is destined to become an oversize crib or toddler quilt.
My sister recently shared that she is happily waiting for her sixth grand to be born this fall.
After several texts, she and I have chosen the quilt (Winsome) for the parents, so I am thinking about gifting Dot to Dot to my sister for her house.
Ferhoodle has also achieved flimsy status. It was made with many of the excess rectangles cut for Dot to Dot.
This top measures 36" wide x 50" long and is destined to become a crib quilt.
Since Winsome measures 51" x 62" I may send Ferhoodle along with Winsome so they have a choice of sizes for different situations. I need to look and see if I have a quilt to send along for the baby's new big brother.
* * *
This leaves Spots and Dots to use the excess HSTs from Gone Dotty and Ohana to use the rest of the excess rectangles from Dot to Dot and Ferhoodle. When I cut the WOF strips from that long ago polka dot fabric pull, I had NO idea that they would yield five quilts!
* * *
P.S. You can use the labels at the end of this post to see earlier posts for each of these projects.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“. . . you can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book!”
Dr. Seuss


10 comments:
Love these happy quilts!
Dot to Dot is really looking great!! i am still happily working my way through my mini charms--well, sort of happily--they are all from different companies so "slightly" different 2.5" sizes--fun fun hugs, Julierose
What cheerful quilt tops, Julie! Don't you just LOVE how the fabric scrap are like the Energizer Bunny? They just keep going (and going and going!)
I just love them both, so fun and bright!
Love the rainbow progression. The black/white accents are a bit of Freddy Moran.
So good to look at happy quilt colors and fabrics! Blithe made it to its new home on Saturday- someone who just had a kidney transplant (12 yrs ago he had a heart transplant- the anti-rejection drugs blew out his kidneys). He is taking it with him back to the hospital as the Cleveland Clinic gave him a weekend reprieve.
Two happy bright quilts, a great way to use those spots & dots up.
But what a cute way to use these bits you've saved so long. Congrats on another baby in the family.
Love these two Julie, a riot of colour - just the best!
Both are great - but!! I really really like Dot to Dot!!!
Post a Comment