Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Raconteur - Layout Chosen




This is where I started with the first six blocks.  Not loving it.


This was the next iteration - I like it much more.



Now there are ten blocks completed.  I may end up moving some of the blocks around, but I am sure about the layout and that makes me happy.

There will be twenty blocks in all (48" x 60").  I'm considering a border but don't have any specific thoughts on it yet.

* * *

As much fun as these are to sew, I really need to shift gears and get busy sewing La Colcha together.  

I finally figured out how I want to proceed without making 80" columns that need trimming.  Maybe I can get a start on it before the weekend (or maybe not).  Time will tell.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------

“We are mosaics – pieces of light, love, history, stars – glued together with magic and music and words.”
Anita Krizzan

5 comments:

Julierose said...

I think 20 bocks is how I'll go on my Many trips, too...I love the low volume look of yours--so pretty. I am thinking the rest of the strips will become borders somewhere...hugs, Julierose

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh I do like this setting for Raconteur, it's looking beautiful and very calm.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is going to be so pretty!

Vicki W said...

These blocks are so pretty!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

This is so pretty, trippin' lightly yes?