Monday, May 30, 2022

Bits and Pieces


I pressed the first stack of HSTs for Flaneur.  You can see that there are still a lot more to be pressed.


I also sub-cut all of the scrappy trips tubes for Raconteur.  

It was so nice outside Saturday that I sat and unpicked the strips.  That means eighteen more blocks are now ready to assemble as time and energy permit.


When I sub cut the tubes, there was one extra 2.5" "ring" from each, so those were turned into a very long strip of 2.5" squares.  

Once pressed, I will set this long strip aside to use as an insert into the low volume backing.


Jan O. posted about a recent finish for her guild's charity program and a light bulb went off in my head.

I have a large stack of 2.5" scrappy brown strips (foreground) left from an unknown project that would work perfectly with her design.

I'll pair each brown with a low volume - scrappy of course.

I've named this one Hospice 1 as it will be a comfort quilt.


Hospice 1 is now ready for its first round of leader-ender (or mindless) stitching.


And then I thought about this jelly roll that has been in my studio for eons (from long before I quit buying pre-cuts).  Again, pairing the darker prints with low volumes would make another comfort quilt, which I've named Hospice 2.


Hospice 2 is also ready for its turn as a leader ender or mindless stitching project.

* * *

Progress comes in many forms . . . 




Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------

6 comments:

Julierose said...

I see you are getting all your "ducks in a row" with these projects--good for you!!
I am still working on my TAW --it takes me a while to get one block done--but I find it so satisfying that I was able to do it right!! Hopefully this will continue without "Jack the Ripper" making an appearance!!;000
Have a wonderful day hugs, Julierose

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I can't wait to see your low volume trip around the world come along. So many interesting low volume prints! Love your plans for Hospice 1 and Hospice 2. (TheColorfulFabriholic)

Ann said...

A great way to use these fabrics. And something a man might prefer. Very thoughtful.

Mystic Quilter said...

Definitely quite some time will be spent with the iron in your hand on the HSTs.Strips are so perfect for sitting and just feeding through the machine, no great matching points and so on.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Yay! Looks like fun and thanks for the link to the color bars quilt. I may have to make one. ;)

QuiltGranma said...

Fun times ahead for you as you get these together! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with these.