Wednesday, December 22, 2021

More Pillowcases on the Horizon


I went through the stash a few weeks back
looking for fabrics that might work for nine more
seasonal pillowcases for Little Man - and then 
I ordered the fabrics above to fill in the gaps.


I also ordered the remaining half yard of this print -
it will be used to cuff the pillowcase for July.

I knew my plan was a good one when I overheard
Little Man talking to himself as he was opening presents
during our early Christmas celebration last weekend.

He kept saying "I hope it is what I've been wanting"
as he opened each of the gift bags.

At one point Mommy asked him what it was
he was hoping for and he happily replied 
"more pillowcases from MeeMah."

Thankfully January's are ready and waiting.

Shortly after the first of the year,
I'll have a pillowcase day or two and get 
the rest of these made so they're ready 
for the first of each new month
until we catch up to the fourth quarter and
the Oct/Nov/December ones he already has.




And look at what is happening with my amaryllis -
the tallest one is showing signs that
its flower pod is ready to start opening.

(this one is called Apple Blossom
and should be a mix of pink and white)




Not only are all three of the pods opening
on the bulbs/planter from Costco,
but the predicted pink color is already showing.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“I believe in pink.  I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner.  
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.  I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong.  I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.  I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”
Audrey Hepburn

6 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Makes your heart sing, doesn’t it? What a wonderful gift Little Man gave you :)

Julierose said...

Ooh the amaryllises are really getting ready to bloom! Mine has 4 buds on one stalk and one has begun to really spread open--sort of a soft pink--the box said red--but it may change...exciting!!
I love that Snoopy 4th of July fabric--so cute--he will just love them all I am sure...nice work hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW sweet, Julie!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those little ones surprise us all the time with what is important to them. He will be so excited to get new ones for each month.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

That first picture of the amaryllis looks like the Grinch's hand reaching up!

Shelina said...

That is so sweet that Little Man looks forward to getting more pillow cases. You make great fabric choices for that.