Monday, December 20, 2021

Merry Monday



When I saw this planter at Costco 
(priced at $20.00)
it simply HAD to come home with me.




As did these waxed amaryllis bulbs . . . 




Just look how much the three in the Costco planter have grown
in only a few days . . . and the White Flower Farms bulb
on the right is gaining height that shows from morning to night.

In the coming weeks there will be multiple blooms to enjoy.




And to brighten your Monday,
here is a short clip from Little Man's Christmas program 
presented by the four bilingual Pre-K classes at his school.

This is from the finale with the whole group
singing Feliz Navidad.

(Little Man is in the back row)

Hard to believe that during their last program in 2019
he was in the youngest of those four classes and was
the size of the nutcracker, angel, elf, and grinch.




Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“When in doubt wear red.”
Bill Blass

13 comments:

Vivian said...

There is nothing sweeter at Christmas time than a bunch of adorable children singing Christmas carols. Thanks for posting ! You have an adorable child even tho I don't know which one he is!!

Julierose said...

What a lovely tree with those plants surrounding it...cute video clip;)))
I have pretty much closed up my sewing for the rest of this week. I still have shopping for our family get together on Sunday. Christmas Day will be just the two of us, so debating what special meal we might have....
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours...hugs, Julierose

Carolyn said...

Your video made me smile! Enjoy your grandson, they grow up so fast.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Lovely video clip - thanks for all the posts you shared throughout the past year. Wishing you and all your family a Merry Christmas and good wishes for the New Year 2022

Lesley Gilbert said...

Lovely video clip. Thank you for all your posts throughout the past year. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year 2022.
(This is my 2nd attempt at posting as I forgot my VPN was switched on haha)

Nann said...

Such fun to see the little ones at their holiday performance! We need to take our amaryllis out of the box and get it started.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I couldn't have resisted buying that planter either!! My White Flower Farm bulb is just starting to show some growth. It has only been inside a little over a week.
I loved the little video clip!

Darlene S said...

Thank you for the inspiration to bring color inside. I will make a trip to Costco in hopes of finding the container and bulbs you bought. Great idea. We moved to a townhome and I have the perfect place for such color inside.

MissPat said...

What a cool Amaryllis planter. I'd have bought it, too, but I won't go near Costco this week or probably next. I left my Amaryllis bulbs out so late that I probably won't get blooms until Easter.
Pat

ButterZ said...

Love that waxed plant. Can’t wait to see it grow.
Merry Christmas and a safe new year

Barb N said...

I love the window behind your tree! Enjoy your new additions, and have a very merry Christmas!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your house looks so pretty.
and Little man... oh how fun!!!!

Diane Koch said...

Suh fun to see the little ones perform with their enthusiasm. Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy those blooms!