Here's a photo of some of the bags in action
as we prepared for our early Christmas with
Little Man and his parents last weekend.
The bags work SO well . . .
Re-purposed crumpled packing paper and/or
air pillows/bubble wrap work great to "plump" up the bags
so the contents aren't quite so obvious.
I used shipping tags attached with large safety pins
for name tags - they also worked well.
And finally I have finished the last eight bags.
This is the smallest of the sizes I made.
The pattern calls this one the "CD bag" -
I named it the XXS size.
Here's another XXS lined with the
same fabric as the bag's body.
This is the third XXS bag - gotta love those lemurs.
This bag is the XS (my term) or the "DVD" bag (pattern term).
It is actually a very useful size
which surprised me.
A second XS bag made.
Elephants on the next XS bag.
A cool blue striped XS bag.
And finally the Perfect Treehouse XS bag.
* * *
Several of you asked about a tally of all the sizes.
There are ninety-two in all:
8 Extra Extra Small (CD)
10 Extra Small (DVD)
12 Small (Snack)
16 Medium (Everything)
15 Large (Project)
17 Extra Large (Artist)
and
14 Extra Extra Large (Laundry)
Now that they are finished,
I cannot believe I made THAT many!
The pattern I used is by Jeni Baker of In Color Order.
If you want to know more about her bags,
click HERE for her dedicated blog page.
* * *
I know I'll make more
if these wear out or
a custom bag is needed but
it feels SO good to be finished
with this year-long project.
If you want to see any of my other bags
you can click on the lined drawstring gift bag
label at the end of this post or in the sidebar.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.”
Coco Chanel
16 comments:
i love all your bags! you've inspired me further! after seeing your initial post about jenny's sew along, i bought the pattern and made a few. (admittedly, not as many!!!) i also found them to be easy, and fun, and quick to make. i made a few for my daughters/DIL for the shutterfly note cards i get every year for the girls. i had some bags leftover, and popped a few last-minute gifts in them. (mostly for dave) it's so easy! and the bags look nice! i used all Christmas fabrics, but i like how yours are so colorful and eclectic. i don't have nearly as interesting a stash as you, but think I'll be doing some of these bags for next year, too!
What a gorgeous array of made bags--lovely works Julie!!
I hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright hugs, Julierose
Now I want to make those bags for next year!
Thank you for your blog that I have been following for years. It has become one of my favourites.
Merry Christmas!
Marie-Claude Lajoie
Merry Christmas Julie!
Wow, that's a lot of bags! I love the fabrics - good for all occasions, and sweet that you picked fabrics specifically for the recipients interests.
I forgot to add - that color quote - I'm certainly no fashion wiz, but it seems like Ms Chanel should have said "the best color in the world is the one you look good in".
I just love all your bags. I need to do that for next year. Merry Christmas!
Wow...This is some project!! I find those bags adorable, also very time consuming to make. I cannot believe you made so many either!! Now that they are done, such a joy. Merry Christmas xo
What is really special about those very useful bags is the amount of stash they used, showcasing hard to use prints as well using up odd shaped leftover pieces. Quite an amazing number of them that you made.
Hats off to you for making 92!! bags, wow!! Thanks for the tip to make the strings the width of the fabric….that worked great for the 10 (I’m such a slacker) larger ones I made. I used ribbons for the couple CD and DVD bags I made. Have a Merry Christmas!!!
I'm impressed that you made 92 gift bags, but more impressed that you have 92 gifts that need bags. Unless you were making extras to have on hand for birthdays and such.
It's rainy and 50 degrees today. Doesn't seem much like Christmas for western NY.
Merry Christmas.
Pat
These bags look amazing. It is a great idea. Merry Christmas.
I thought I have made a lot when I made 2 dozen! It really was a good stash and scrap buster. I can NOT believe that you made 78 bags, Julie!!!
Your bags look great. It is nice to see them filled with items...they look even better! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and may your New Year be filled with peace , love and good health.
They looks great under your tree! I only gave 2 handmade gift bags this year but I know they will both be used.
Thanks to you, I downloaded this pattern and made a lot of Christmas bags for Christmas presents. So fun to do!
Post a Comment