Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Where Things Stand




Little by little, between rest breaks,
things are being moved forward.
(at least some things anyway)

I've stopped working on RUSKA  INGLENOOK(my Gridlock project)  for now but you can see the first six blocks the design wall.

The ten Size L (Project) 
lined drawstring gift bags are waiting for me 
to stitch their casings and insert the drawstrings.
(pattern link in my sidebar)

And Merry and Bright has been pin-basted.
(it needs to be ready for action on Dec. first)




A couple of days before my COVID booster,
Optic Strings was pin basted, but having lost 
a full week of focus, the FMQ will have to wait 
until after Merry and Bright is quilted/finished.

(this is the reproduction binding I made
back when the top was completed but
I'm now leaning to a solid pink instead)



The remaining Dr. Seuss fabrics arrived late last week.

The additional tumblers have been cut 
but I don't feel energetic or focused enough yet
to adjust the layout and add the two rows.

I did have enough energy one afternoon
to trim up the big stack of 6" strip ends left
after die-cutting the original batch of tumblers.

Those strips made for an evening of mindless stitching
resulting in a long strip to insert into the seam
of the quilt's backing (the green Jumble).



Meanwhile, Mother Nature continues to thrill us
with some of the best leaf color we've had for several years.

These are the two Japanese Maples in our back yard.

Glorious!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Everyone knows that yellow, orange and red suggest ideas of joy and plenty.”
Eugene Delacroix

8 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Beautiful color~ both inside and outside of your home! I, too, got my back-side kicked by the COVID booster, I wasn't expecting that; I suppose it's a sign of a healthy immune system doing its job- not a bad thing. Hope you're feeling better today, my friend. Hugs~

Julierose said...

Great that you are moving things along! I felt tired for a couple days after my booster too. Those bags are really nice. Beautiful Japanese mapples colors...hugs, Julierose

MissPat said...

Sorry you've had a bad reaction to your booster. I only had a sore arm for about 24 hours. But now the numbers are rising here again, so I'm not sure I fell any safer. You are making progress on lots of fronts. Sadly, I am not.
Pat

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You gridlock blocks look great.
Beautiful Japanese Maples!! I always wanted on of them but could never decide where to put it. I watched the gardening team trim the one at my bank while I sat in the drive up lane. They have to keep it to a certain size because of where it is planted.
I hope you get your energy back soon.

Ellie said...

Beautiful color! Our trees are prettier than we have had in a few years too. Hope your up to par soon. I was down for a weekend sleeping but that’s all. Worth it if we can avoid getting sick!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I really like how your Gridlock blocks are coming along, Julie. Have fun with those and here's hoping that Max gets a good workout with the String quilt!

Mari said...

Sorry about the reaction to the booster, Julie. Just think about how strong your immune system is getting. It looks like you are making a lot of progress, too, on a lot of different things. Plus, it;s very cheery and colorful to look at everything hanging there and waiting!

Mystic Quilter said...

At least you're able to work a little on quilting Julie but I am sorry to read about your reaction, these things can really knock us! No doubt when I'm up to date with reading your latest post things will have improved for you. Luscious colour in those Maples!