Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Merry and Bright - the Flimsy



Merry and Bright is now a quilt top.

I used the 3-hour Baby Gingham Quilt design -
a free download from the Fat Quarter Shop,
enlarging it to suit my needs.




The top is currently 65" x 65"

(this will be December's kitchen table quilt)




That's the backing on the left 
along with a strip of the binding fabric.

I feel MUCH better having the twelfth
kitchen table quilt at this stage.

FMQ will happen in plenty of time
for this to go on the table Dec. first.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Suffice it to say that black and white are also colors… for their simultaneous contrast is as striking as that of green and red, for instance.”
Vincent Van Gogh

6 comments:

Vivian said...

That's got to be a great feeling to have all of your monthly quilts done ! One more thing to check off the list at the busiest time of year.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE that wild backing fabric, Julie, and you found just the right binding to go with it!!

Rebecca said...

OK.... Yours I love!
Did not care so much for the "samples" showed with the pattern download but your use of color make it dance.

MissPat said...

I definitely have to find more narrow b&w stripe fabric for borders and binding. I've used all of mine and the only 2 shops I've physically been to this year didn't carry it. I guess an online search will be needed.
Pat

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is cute!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just looking at that Christmas fabric is sending me into a panic. It is not that far away! Nice quilt for a table top.