I plan to spend the next few weeks
crossing a few more to-do items off my list.
First will be this set of five utility mats for October.
Second will be a set of five for November.
I have cut the fabrics for December's set
but have to wait until I pin baste the next two quilts*
so I can trim their leftover batting pieces to size.
*Trick or Treat, October's kitchen table quilt
will be quilted/finished this month
and Sweater Weather, November's KTQ
will be right behind it.
Merry and Bright, December's KTQ
is cut out and ready to sew together.
I bought this yardage to make two pillowcases for Little Man.
He loves asteroids/outer space and wants to grow up
to be an astronaut who is also a volcanologist.
(volcanoes are also very high on his interest list -
as are mermaids and the ocean)
The last of the October yardage
mixed with a couple of stash fabrics
will become another pillowcase for him.
Ditto for the last of the November yardage.
I'll use the remaining yardage from Merry and Bright
to make two December pillowcases.
This pile contains the makings of eight XL (Artist)
lined drawstring gift bags now waiting to be sewn together.
This stack contains the pieces and parts
for nine of the XXL (Laundry - the biggest one) gift bags.
Side Note: My idea to work by size rather than color
is making the cutting out process MUCH easier -
hoping it will be the same for the sewing side.
(next month will be the L and M sizes)
Then there is the matter of making a liberated bird
And the list goes on and on . . .
* * *
Needless to say, I won't be posting
quite as often for the next few weeks.
(p.s. double-click the graphic
so you can really read/enjoy it)
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“I got the blues thinking of the future, so I left off and made some marmalade. It’s amazing how it cheers one up to shred orange and scrub the floor.”
D.H. Lawrence











5 comments:
So many wonderful combinations for so many projects, I don't know where to start. Love the pumpkins and the selvedge. And the fabrics for the liberated bird for Lynne are fantastic together. You certainly have enough to keep yourself busy (don't we all?).
Pat
LOVE the fabric selections for Little Man's pillowcases! Those will make a wonderful gift for him.
The smaller projects first will cut the to-do list down faster. I know a lot of people choose the largest project first to get it out of the way.
Lots of sewing ahead for you! I buy flannel on vacation in August every year for pillowcases for Christmas. All the fabric is washed, but not cut. I have to cut it all and then on retreat in November, I will make them all. I have used mind maps since the 80s to try and organize my thoughts as I cannot think in many directions linerally. Love all your fabric choices and everything will look wonderful and enhance the seasons!
what a great list tho!!
Post a Comment