Thursday, August 12, 2021

Sweater Weather Takes Shape



Sweater Weather now has twenty-five blocks 
laid out on the design wall.

the unfinished blocks should measure 12.5" -
but mine were squared to 12" (fin. 11.5").

I also didn't follow her layout to the letter.

My blocks are more about color distribution within
the A and B blocks and not so much
about the orientation of the sewn strips.

It's all good,
even that one rogue orange strip.




I had planned to add a border so the top would finish at 64" x 64"
but with the slightly smaller blocks, I'll also insert a stop border
before adding the wider outer border.

The dark brown stop border will be cut from the last 
of the 2002/2003 Thimbleberries yardage used to back 
one of my very earliest  quilts - Decadent Dreaming.

The wider outer border is from the Van Gogh line by RJR -
based on "Wheatfield with Crows" from 1890.

I'll use that same fabric for binding.

After I do a bit more tweaking of the layout,
I hope to have this sewn together 
in the next few days - life notwithstanding.

Be back again on Monday.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“I meant to do my work today, but a brown bird sang in the apple tree, and a butterfly flitted across the field, and all the leaves were calling me.”
Richard LeGallienne

12 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely color pairing for this evocative quilt. I like that one little faded flower...hugs, Julierose

Pamela Arbour said...

I really like those fabrics. I also like the original pattern you made it from. Different looks. Isn't fabric wonderful?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, those rich shades of Autumn, Julie... LOVE!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I can almost smell the cinammon. And pumpkin pie. Lovely color play for this quilt. It all works together.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sweater Weather is going to be awesome.... and may it bring about some cooler temps!!

Mari said...

Looks very cozy! Sure to be a good one for the fall, with all those great colors. Also, it would be very surprising if you did follow a layout to the letter! :)

Ellie said...

Ohhhhh! Lovely! So cozy!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Fabulous quilt and a spectacular name!

Mystic Quilter said...

Looking good, such warm Autumn colours.

audrey said...

This looks so good! I really like the disciplined color palette. A very fallish vibe.:)

QuiltGranma said...

this will be great I love it.

KMSC said...

I love your quilt, especially the autumn colors. What a great way to use up some scraps!