Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Fruit Smoothie - July's Kitchen Table Quilt



Fruit Smoothie - kitchen table quilt number seven




A "crumpled" photo of the quilt's scrappy backing.




One corner of the front.




One corner of the back.




Back flipped to front.




Front flipped to back.

Finished quilt measures 64" x 64"




This "stitch out" shows how Fruit Smoothie was quilted -
one band of color at a time using seven different top threads
(Pink in the center, then Cornflower, Autumn,
Coral, Mulberry, Viridian, and Raven)
and two different bobbin threads.
(Coral with Lead Grey for the two outer bands)

* * *

August's kitchen table quilt top 
has been waiting for a long (!) time.

Last week I decided to change the backing 
for Shift Happens and it won't be long 
until it is ready for pin basting and quilting.

* * *

Finally, congratulations to Linda M. from MO
who was the winner of the big box of scraps.

She wrote "OMG, I never win anything!
Thank you so much.  I always admire your vast stash 
and I can only imagine all the goodies and 
little gems hidden in your scrap boxes!   
I have only been quilting since 2012, 
so I don't have a large stash buildup yet."

Here's hoping the scrap infusion 
brings her a big burst of happiness!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Did you ever notice the color of Mary Poppins' petticoats? They were kind of orange and apricot and red. I think she had a secret life going on there.”
Julie Andrews

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Congrats to Linda M--I know she will be so thrilled with the fabrics...
I love your color/print pairings on Fruit Smoothie..what a welcoming piece.
Nice work hugs, Julierose

Teresa said...

I am always so pleased to see the explosion of color in your quilts. The quilting pattern you used is new to me and I do like the look of it.

Linda M said...

I love the colors in Fruit Smoothie! Do you know the name of the fabric on the back with the fuchsia, yellow orange and olive green circles? (There’s a “cool” version there too!). Anyway, beautiful, as usual. Thank you for sharing.

Linda Swanekamp said...

July is color soaked for sure! All those wonderful hues. The backing is full of pizazz. The quilting looks perfect on this quilt- the design, the scale, the threads. July looks like it will be stunning every meal.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on another quilt finish and Linda M's BIG scrappy win!!

Kathy E. said...

Both sides of this quilt are so gorgeous, I wouldn't know which side to display! All the colors of fabrics just meld so well together. It's exactly my style!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a perfect "hot" explosion of color in the table quilt for the hot month of July, both front and back.

Mari said...

Ah! I can almost taste a nice fruity drink. Perfect for July!

Chookyblue...... said...

love bright fun quilt and what an appropriate name for a kitchen table quilt......

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my - that quilting example is luscious and exciting!

Mystic Quilter said...

Delicious finish!!