Wednesday, March 31, 2021

More Progress



While Max was still set up with the lilac Glide thread
I went ahead and quilted this runner for my sister.

12" x 60" 




When I pieced the back for Dumpster Diving 7 - Respite
I knew it would be larger than needed . . . 

As it ended up, this runner became a bonus project.




Quilted with my liberated all over fans,
this will be headed to Michigan later in the week.




Dumpster Diving 9 - Blue Springs Road
has been pin basted ready for quilting.




I tried several different threads in yellows and blues
before choosing this spool of Sky.

It will work beautifully on both the top and the back.

Next step will be to stitch out a sample since 
I haven't used the fans with daisies in quite a while.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“I’m just too colorful for words.”
Clairee in Steel Magnolias

9 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful colors today. The runner is simple, but gorgeous in those skinny lattice strips. The blue and yellow are very heartening.

Julierose said...

Just lovely projects!! That runner came out beautifully and the blue/yellow quilt is gorgeous! That blue thread will be just perfect across its surface. Nice works hugs, Julierose

Annie said...

Your table runner is SO pretty! I love the narrow scrappy strips between the larger blocks. Those colors are always a fabulous combination.
WOW, that blue and yellow quilt sure packs some awesomeness! I love how it looks and the boldness of the two contrasting colors.

Cindy said...

I LOVE your yellows!!!!!!

Jane Holbrook said...

dropped by via another blog and enjoyed your photos and text. Very clever, thanks.

sue s said...

I just love Blue String Road!! Some day I will make such a quilt; U of Michigan is my alma mater and their colors are Maize (yellow) and blue.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful runner, Julie! I'll be looking forward to Blue String Road's finish. Happy quilting!

Mari said...

Love Blue Springs Road! The runner is also very nice, but the blue and yellow-- wow!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love, love Blue Springs Road, as we're into Autumn now and Winter will be upon us soon this quilts really does say 'Spring'. Purple and aqua go together so well, the runner is perfect.