Someday is Now has been pin basted . . .
I've worked out a light-custom continuous line FMQ design
and I really want to get started on it yet this week.
I also decided to make some whole cloth utility mats for March.
The scattered floral will be the "top side"
while the sprinkles fabric will serve as the back.
I'll bind these with the scattered floral when the time comes.
This one will be a runner for the top of my grandfather's cedar chest
which is now used as our "coffee" table in the living/family room.
The batik fabric at the top of the photo will be the backing.
The middle fabric is a linen weave (Warehouse District line)
and it will be the "top" of the runner.
I plan to use the Bella solid as binding.
*
Time to wind some bobbins, fire up Max, and start stitching.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.”
Pedro Calderon de la Barca



7 comments:
Happy quilting, Julie. I like your green quote, though it sends me off to search for another one, that I only vaguely remember.
Now is simply gorgeous--pretty green fabrics, too
Have fun quilting hugs, julierose
Your quilt is incredible. It is going to be a treasure
Oh, boy! This is just the quilt to work on if one has developed the winter blues; it's ALIVE with color and texture, a vibrant work of heART!
Lovely greens from top to bottom. I know it's still Valentine's time but it makes me think about sewing some green for St. Patrick's!
Hope you and Max are having a fine day with all those pretty green fabrics! It is snowing and gray here, so the green really brightened my day!
Thrilled to see you're about to make a start of quilting Someday Is Now.
Post a Comment