Friday, February 1, 2019

Someday is Now - The Flimsy



After years of thinking about this project
and quite a few months of actual making,
the top for Someday is Now is FINISHED!

Inspired by Sujata Shah's Organized Chaos,
my quilt top measures 50" wide x 64" long.




I am SO glad I changed to this batik for the borders.

The top literally glows!

(and by the time this is quilted,
the weather should be better so I can
take the quilt out for a proper photo shoot)


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
p.s.  You can see lots of photos of student work from my recent LQS class over on the Cultural Fusion Quilts blog by clicking HERE (week one) and HERE (week two).  

19 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Glows indeed! I love this and yes, that border is the perfect choice!

Jennifer said...

what a fantastically bright quilt for a dreary February! (it's been so cold here- -4 and lower!) your quilt makes me cheerful and warm just looking at it! so much scrappy profusion in there- i dont' know where to look first!
i think i still have your business card in my sewing room- i'll get your red strips and scraps together and get them mailed - hopefully today!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Indeed, the border really brings the quilt to life :) Beautiful!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The border is terrific! I have to get mine quilted. Comfort quilts keep jumping ahead of this. I just love how yours turned out. Your students' work was inspiring also.

Paulette said...

That's gorgeous, Julie! The border is perfect. Loved seeing what your class is making too.

Nancy said...

Love it, and the border is just a real stand out!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your newly completed quilt top. Thanks for adding the links to your student works. They are doing a great job!!

LA Paylor said...

wonderful and great border with it!

Cathy said...

Wonderful! The batik border blends with the kaleido corners and makes the kaleidos float. Congrats on the finish.

It was fun seeing the different fabrics your students used to make their version of the Lattice Quilt.

Kyle said...

Your quilt is bold and brillant.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I do like that radiant green!

Heidi said...

wonderful quilt and the green is just perfect !

Angie said...

Awesome finish!! That green border is perfection!

Bambi Pearson said...

Love the way this turned out!

Kaja said...

You could subtitle a collection of your quilts "All Things Bright and Beautiful".

Mary Ellen said...

This turned out great. I hope the green is a harbinger of better weather ahead.

Mari said...

Just so pretty, Julie. I love all the green and the blocks are like a puzzle. Congratulations on getting this into a top. Can't wait to see the fun quilting!

Sujata Shah said...

Julie, Bravo!! The border is just perfect! !t continues the circular motion of the blocks so beautifully, you can almost imagine the continuation outside the actually quilt! xo

Ann said...

It's beautiful. The border sings. I can't wait to see it quilted.