Monday, February 8, 2021

Lined Drawstring Gift Bags for February



I buckled down last week and made twelve bags.

Red Fish Blue Fish is the largest size -
the one that holds four couch pillows OR
the stack of cardboard building blocks shown below. 




All this with room around the edges to spare.




The cupcake bag in the first photo and these two 
are the next size down  in Jeni Baker's pattern - 
link in the sidebar and in the 2021 section on my RSC blog page.

Each of these three bags held the eight yellow 
cardboard blocks in the photo below:



Two yellow blocks = one blue block

Two blue blocks = one red block




Moving down one more size, I made two more bags.

The one on the left was made using excess backing from Otsego Revisited.

These bags each hold four yellow blocks.




I used the last of the backing for Missouri Color Story
to line the yellow/gray plaid bag.




Moving down yet another size, I made four more bags.

Each of these held two yellow blocks.




And finally, these are the smallest size I'm making.

They do not have boxed-corner flat bottoms
so they're idea for small flat items.

Here are they are filled with a few Duplo-type plastic blocks.

* * *

Yellow is this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color.

January's color was pink.

March's bags will have a new focal color.




This month I made all of the WOF fabric ties using a new-to-me method.




I bought an inexpensive bias tape making kit - WHAT a difference it made.

Much faster with more consistent results, 
and no steam-iron-stressed finger tips.

Yes!



(quilt on the back of the couch is Happy Strings with its reverse side showing)


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Colors are promiscuous.  They get infected by their neighbors.”
Paul Richard

 

6 comments:

Bernie Kringel said...

These are gorgeous Julie. What is the plan for these bags? Organizing or gift wrap? Just curious.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely bits of YELLOW throughout these project bags, Julie. SEW much fun!! Thanks for the tool review.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful selection of bags Julie, love the mix of fabrics you've used and definitely a good idea to hunt down bias tape making kit, I see they come in different sizes.

QuiltGranma said...

What are those "blocks" that you put in the beautiful bags? Now I want to make some beautiful bags!

Barb said...

these are just great and the fabrics are fabulous.
what pattern did you ues? I've been wanting to make some of these too.

LynneP said...

More cute bags!!!! Loooove.....