Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Yuletide - the Quilt



Yuletide is finished!

This is the second iteration of 
that I've made - and I am so very glad
I gave it another go with my own scrappy approach. 

(you can see my 2019 quilt top named EIRA HERE)




Quilted with Glide thread in Khaki using
liberated "snowballs" inspired by 
Christina Cameli's Spectrum design.




I had to lay the quilt flat on the grass 
since at 60" x 70" it was too tall
to hang on the fence.




Here's a look at the quilted back.

The polar bear was great before
but now he's flat out awesome.




I was going to bind Yuletide in green plaid
but after seeing it quilted that plan evaporated.

The last of my Michael Miller Clown Stripe 
was the ONLY way to finish this one.

Yes . . . YES . . . YES!!!

(you can read about the quilt's backstory
by using the Yuletide label at the bottom of this post)

* * *

Wishing each of you a safe and healthy 
Thanksgiving weekend - wherever you are.

I'll be back on Monday with a new post.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“The more faithfully you listen to the voices within you, the better you will hear what is sounding outside.”
Dag Hammarskjold

25 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Congratulations on your finish. It looks awesome. Like the front, back and binding, the perfect combination.

Kathy said...

This quilt is a great winter design. I looked up the inspiration pattern and your version of it is the absolute best! Love it.

Annie said...

Julie, your quilt turned out wonderful. I’ve watch your progress with this one. That is my all time favorite and go-to binding. Is it really called clown stripe? I did not know that. As I watched your progress, and love this quilt version, I really loved your original design version with the reds and greens all mixed. So much so that it inspired me to get going on a Christmas quilt. The polar bear on the back is totally a delightful surprise.

Vicki in MN said...

This is so pretty, it would be the perfect addition to go with a bunch of snowmen!

Janet said...

You were "bang on" with your binding choice, Julie! And the whole quilt is another masterpiece. Rest on your laurels!

Julierose said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!;)))
Wonderful finish on this--love that scrappy look hugs from afar Julierose

Linda M said...

Absolutely stunning! You did a great job on it!

sue s said...

Great finish! I enjoyed your progress on this and am glad to see the finish.

Rebecca said...

All because of you and your color way on this quilt I now have a green, red with white star quilt flimsy made up. I used a beautiful bright gold for the touch of pop in the star. Love what that adds to the overall feel of the quilt.
It is now ready to back and quilt. Hope to get it done when I get the fleece lined fleece scrap quilt off my work table. Its so thick and heavy I am tying it to get it done for Christmas.

MissPat said...

Hard to choose between the two versions, but I think this one wins by an inch or so. Happy Thanksgiving.
Pat

Vicki W said...

This is my favorite version of that pattern that I've seen anywhere! It's even better because it's a two sided quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I absolutely LOVE this version of the pattern, Julie!! Well done (and your timing is impeccable.) Enjoy!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOVE love love this one!! and that back is just fantabulous!!!!

Magpie Sue said...

Fabulous finish! And what a great way to kick off the holiday season. :-) Hope you have a warm and delicious Thanksgiving!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow. Super finish. Love, love the quilting on it and the binding. Got to get cranking on my trees. But have to bake a gluten free pie crust and stuffing first.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Both sides of the quilt are wonderful and the binding is so perfect!

Christina said...

Beautiful quilt! I am so impressed that you have a fresh Christmas quilt in November! Goals!

Debbie said...

Oh My! I love your Yuletide and the Polar Bear is absolutely wonderful! I never thought of using a panel for backing, hmmmm.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Spectacular!!! What a way to fuse the pattern with your scrappy way. Julie, your quilting really brings the quilts to life......no surprise the polar bear is so alive!!! With so many finishes lately, I’m taking it as a sign you are doing much better physically.....something to be thankful for :-)

Nann said...

I admired it on your design wall and I admire it even more! (The swirly quilting adds great dimension to the bear.) [Bear on the back side....reminds me of the joke about running with a "bear behind."]

Barb N said...

I love everything about this quilt! So fun! Gives me inspiration to pull my Christmas fabrics for a scrappy version, too. Thanks! And a happy thanksgiving for you!

Barb said...

LOOOVE IT!!

Mystic Quilter said...

You could not have chosen a better named quilting pattern for Yuletide,
it looks super.I've noticed quite a number of quilts using this pattern but you've made it so special and very striking.

Paulette said...

Wowee, that's so neat! Again the quilting is perfect for it, too. Well done!

audrey said...

Your scrappy Yuletide quilt is just wonderful! Love the rich tones to the greens at the outside of the quilt.:)