Monday, November 30, 2020

Grassy Creek Geese - the Flimsy



The top for Grassy Creek Geese is now sewn together.

(you can read about this project's inspiration
using the labels at the end of this post)




I will straighten the side edges after this one is quilted.

It's 54" x 68" (give or take) at this point.




And joy of joys, I think I've found the right quilt
for this gray scrappy binding that's been in the stash
for eons (after being rejected multiple times before).




I took this photo while sewing the top together.
(obviously before it was pressed)

I think this quilt will become a regular member 
of our autumn quilt rotation - starting NEXT fall.




Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“There is only one rule for being a good talker – learn to listen”
Christopher Morley

18 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

That turned out great, Julie!!

Julierose said...

Wonderful Geese; I am "geese" crazy lately...I like the varying directions they fly a lot...hugs from afar Julierose

Carol R. said...

I agree that it came out wonderful... I've been keeping an eye on your progress .. something about all those geese just keeps pulling me in. Maybe i need to make one of my own?

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I love it! Beautiful autumn colors, and I really like your arrangement of the geese.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I think the color combos are exciting and fresh. The whole quilt is wonderful- a breath of fresh air.

sue s said...

I, too have been "geese crazy" this fall. Maybe it's from watching the practice flights of the real birds over our house! Did you use the same proportions of fabric as for Bonnie's quilt?

Gale Bulkley said...

Absolutely lovely.

Ellie said...

Absolutely smashing! Great job and you color selection is terrific. Nice!

Pamela Arbour said...

Quilt looks great and the binding is a good reminder for us to wait for the right quilt!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This is terrific, Julie; such a vibrant and stunning color combination. I love it!!

LA Paylor said...

woohooo I want it! Those brilliant "neutral" lime greens and oranges and dark darks are gorgeous

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh lovely finished top Julie, the pops of lime green and orange just pop!

Mari said...

Oh, that really shines! I love the orange and the bits of lime green. It looks great, and I bet it has less than a billion pieces, too! :)

Patricia said...

your grassy creek geese flimsy is fantastic. i love the colors and the way you have placed them. good job. patti in florida

Linda said...

Great quilt finish. Love the geese and the colours which all come together to make a colourful autumn quilt. You will enjoy getting this quilt out each autumn.

Vicki W said...

It's like an autumnal jewel box!

audrey said...

Love this quilt Julie! There's just something about flying geese that speak to me and the colors in this quilt are perfect! So happy you finally found the perfect home for the binding. Such a thrilling little moment I'm sure.:)

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Grassy Creek is wonderfully autumnal. Or autumnally wonderful. Whichever.