Friday, November 20, 2020

Jingle Bells - the Quilt



Jingle Bells is finished.

I started this one a year ago with forty 8.5" cream squares 
and forty 8.5" squares cobbled together from 
lots of different leftover Christmas fabrics.




I absolutely love it.

56" wide x 68" long




And as much as I love the front,
I'm also pretty happy with the scrappy back.




How kind of the weather to cooperate so well
on the day the quilt was finished!




Quilted using Glide thread in Khaki
and my liberated all over fans with spiral centers.

The texture is just amazing.

(and I'm not even going to put this one away until December
since that is shockingly only a couple of weeks away)

You can read more about the quilt's back story
using the labels in my side bar
and at the bottom of this post.

And Jingle Bells is the first of the new series 
of HST quilts to be completed.  
The full list is near the bottom of the page - click HERE. 




Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Listen to everyone. Ideas come from everywhere.”
Tom Peters

22 comments:

Julierose said...

No wonder you love it--it's beautiful...;)))
Congratulations! hugs from afar Julierose

Annie said...

Julie, I love your Jingle Bells quilt! Anything Christmas always has a happy feeling to it. I like the prints paired with the creamy fabric. I see my all time favorite binding. It adds just a bit and Christmas whimsy to the beautiful quilt. I would keep it out to enjoy right now too. I like a small mix of Christmas with Thanksgiving.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on another spectacular finish, Julie! I remember being amazed that you chopped up (perfectly good) quilt blocks to incorporate into this quilt. You were really onto something. They add SEW much interest and that quilting is phenomenal!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Ho, ho, ho, that is a fabulous Christmas quilt!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This is fabulous, Julie! The quilting is just amazing. I am currently having a renewed love affair with HSTs; for their relative simplicity and powerful graphic impact. This quilt is a prime example of both. Your quilting puts it over the top!

Frog Quilter said...

A beautiful finish and the back is fabulous too!!!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Jingle Bells is festive, merry and bright! Love it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The front is super, but, boy oh boy, I really like the back. Love the quilting with the spiral touch. Thanks for sharing- the weather looked perfect.

LA Paylor said...

how pretty. Also your pics of it are pretty... blue skies!

JustGail said...

I think I've found the inspiration to dig into that stack of Christmas fabrics in my stash! Maybe the Halloween fabrics also. Simple HSTs... just the thing for when I'm not up to my other projects that take some thinking!

Nann said...

It turned out so well, Julie!

Robin said...

It turned out terrific! I love the little spiral at the inside of the quilting fans. The really add a sweet touch.

Cathy said...

I just love love love that texture. I need to do something like that with my Christmas fabrics. I probably have enough bits and pieces for big crumb HSTs. Thanks for the inspiration.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I wouldn't be putting it away either. And probably would leave it out until Jan. 15th.

sue s said...

Oh, I think this turned out so well! And I am inspired to make one after I finish this year's Christmas quilt!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Woot, woot! I love the back as much as the front ;-) So nice of the weather to cooperate for beauty shots.....nature’s lighting perfectly shows of the beautiful texture your’s and Max’s quilting gives it. What a perfectly timed finish :-)

Mari said...

Oh, very festive! And what great texture, too. I don't blame you-- I would leave it out all year. Looks like a cozy Christmas is coming to your house!

Angie said...

Great finish! Festive and cozy looking, especially the quilting!

Millie said...

This is grand!

QuiltGranma said...

Love it!

Paulette said...

That's lovely! Wonderful quilting, too!

Mystic Quilter said...

I can almost feel the texture just by looking at the quilt surface, good way to use up your bits and pieces of Christmas fabrics. I always look forward to seeing photos of the backs of your quilts, this one is great.