Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Meanwhile On the Other Side of the Room




Max, my sit down long arm, 
lives in the sewing studio
along with my Bernina and my pressing table.

I never intended to add "bling" to Max
but somehow the time just seemed right.

The Mind over Matter sticker is 
such a good reminder when I sit down to stitch on Max . . . 
and the power tool sticker makes my family laugh.



These are the other new stickers . . . 

If you supersize the photo, you'll be able
to see the name MAX on the boat's hull.

Great visuals that remind me to relax and enjoy the process.

(I named my machine for the character Max
in Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are)




So this is the new look Max is sporting.

That's Jingle Bells peeking through Max's throat area.

I'm hoping to get it quilted  this week.




Since I've leader-endered enough segments to make
all of the blocks for Dumpster Diving 10 - Do Tell,
I have pulled out Gerful as my next leader ender project.

Gerful means wild and wayward
which is a most suitable name for a quilt made with
scrappy brights on blacks and assorted colorful prints.



My original design called for a mix of 6" and 3" HSTs.

After the larger blocks (above) were sewn together,
I changed my mind and decided to go with all 3"
 using the tried-and-true "depression" block instead.

Truth be told, I have several HST quilts in the works.

I used my die cutter to prep a variety of projects
during the early months of the pandemic.

(you can read about them near the bottom of THIS PAGE)

Since the case count in our county 
is now increasing by 300-800 a day,
we're quickly reaching levels for
restrictions to return once again -
which means it is time to make some
 "wintery" masks to supplement our summery ones 
for the few times that we do go out of the house.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard.”
Anne Sexton


 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Your piles of HST's look so pretty..will be watching to see how you put these together...hugs from afar--stay safe Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are really moving along getting things finished. (and started!)

I have been making wintery masks too. The guys are loving the plaid flannel ones. Our county's count is 1000-1600 new cases a day.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun stickers on Max!! Great way to add some levity to the sewing studio, Julie.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love Maurice Sendak. It was my dream to be an illustrator like him. I have this big coffee table book of his work that I just love. But, I am a quilter with one children's book illustrated to my name. Love the HSTs, thanks for linking that page- I have some HSTs to cut up and have not decided how to arrange them yet.

LA Paylor said...

I like your machine bling
even as people plan their Thanksgiving get together as if nothing is different this year, our death count rose to 1700+ yesterday alone. Nearly 2000 Americans dying every stinkin' day now.
Shouldn't current leadership be concerned about that?
Friends of mine are losing mates, entire family units are getting sick after vacations, I hear daily of people I love getting sick.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nothing wrong with a bit of bling, I reckon we could all use a little at this point in time! You are obviously well ahead with your planning having already used your die cutter. Whoa - the increasing cases in your county are not good at all, at what case level to restriction kick in?