Charlotta commented on the last post
about not seeing any yellows or oranges
or black and white fabric in my stash.
That's because they live on the third shelf unit,
one that was repurposed from DH's former home office.
This is the way it looked in August 2019.
This is the way it looks now.
I separated all the Kaffe Collective fabrics
because there are three or four quilts gestating
that will feature all or at least mostly those fabrics.
(left side of the group)
This is the right side of the Kaffe group.
Left side of the other shelves . . .
. . . and the right side.
Squeezing tight against the design wall
this is the view of the front wall
with all three stash shelves visible.
If you look at the August 2019 photo
and compare it to the "now" one
you'll notice that the crumb boxes were moved.
Where did they go?
Into the space where my quilting books were.
But then where did the books go?
They moved back into the closet
where they were originally placed
after DH retired and his office space
became my new design studio.
These are the many project boxes
for upcoming Dumpster Diving quilts,
the five remaining kitchen table quilts,
another series of die cut HST quilts,
and others that are on my bucket list.
And yes, I DO stop and sit in this chair.
Sometimes to flip through my books.
Sometimes just to savor the colors and light.
But mostly to feel grateful for my dedicated space.
* * *
You can read more about how my quilting spaces
have evolved over the years
including the crumb and resource box system
by clicking HERE for my Studio Space blog page.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“It seems rather incongruous that in a society of super sophisticated communication, we often suffer from a shortage of listeners.”
Erma Bombeck











14 comments:
Very nice and organized. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed seeing your space.
Your stash looks great! Although if my room, I'd be swapping the non-KF fabrics and the bins so all the fabrics were in one spot. If having the yellows/oranges & black/whites by themselves works for you - and I've seen by your quilts that it does, and very well! - that's all that counts!
In the photo with all the crumb boxes - are those finished tops wrapped around pool noodles waiting to be quilted? Though some look like backings... waiting to be layered?
I love seeing how people organize their stash. Yours is amazing!
You've got skills, Julie. Oh, to be HALF as organized as you are!!Sigh...
wow super organization and thanks once again for making me feel good about my much smaller stash!! lol
Seeing your organization of Kaffe fabrics makes me wonder if I would rather have them in color groups instead of in number order. I can find what I'm looking for easily now but I think I would like to know how many greens I havw etc.
Oh, how I love your organization. I think I need more shelving so they are not all cram packed together but have the breathing room you have. Terrific job!
What a wonderful storage arrangement you've created. I like seeing all my fabric out but they are in clear boxes. At least the boxes are clear. You have set space for multiple projects. Good idea. Thanks for sharing.
Your mad organizational skills have always impressed the hell out of me.
I think you have more yellows and oranges than I do.
You are really fortunate to have that much space. I would love to have all my stash out where I could see it. It would be so satisfying to just look at it all. It's like going into a yarn shop and seeing a whole wall of different colors of yarn. Lucky girl!
Your space is AWESOME! If my fabric isn't out and visible, then it's like I don't have it. Love that you can see and enjoy it all. Best of all, it's space that encourages creativity :)
So beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing these wonderful pix and ideas!
Love the tour Julie! It's good to see KF Collective fabrics stashed by colour, I also have mine sorted this way and love just sitting gazing at them all.
So inspired by your kaffe stash.... I screen shot the piles of fabrics... They look so pretty all organised.... I need to find a shop that stocks his fabrics to visit and choose some for a quilt.....
Post a Comment