Monday, October 5, 2020

Another Week Begins



Last week DH approached me and asked if I'd like
to have additional shelves added into my stash shelf units.

(aka the bookcases he built for our boys to go with
their big boy beds back when they were toddlers)

Easy answer - YES!




So I unloaded the shelves while he went to the big box store
and came home with a full 4' x 8' sheet of melamine.

In short order the shelves were cut to size
with their raw edges sanded and painted.





I shifted the low volumes down to the
new white shelf that replaced the "temporary"
but-old-enough-to-be-sagging wire closet shelving shelf.

The stacks of purples, reds, and pinks were shifted up
to the wood shelf where the low volumes had been.

And not too long after that my resource boxes
had been re-sorted/tidied and put back 
in their happy new homes.

(there's even an open shelf for my log cabin die
that is too long for any of my other storage spaces)




Meanwhile our outdoor plants continue to thrive
despite having been blown over on their sides
by the winds from the most recent hurricane.

The intensity of all plant colors are thinning 
and a few leaves are starting to fall from our oak trees,
so we're outdoors as much as possible in order to
savor each and every one of these precious days of
cool mornings, glorious warm sunshine, and chilly evenings.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“The earth has music for those who listen.”
Shakespeare

15 comments:

Charlotta said...

Interesting look at your stash! What’s the difference between a resource box and stash? You don’t seem to have any orange and yellow in your stash but I see some in a resource box. And do you not have any black and white fabric? Otherwise I’m quite impressed with your stash and how nicely organized it is! I should be so lucky!

Pamela Arbour said...

That is beautiful. He got just what you needed. He's a sweetheart.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks terrific! And so useable. I love the paint chip colors you have on the front the boxes. Hmm, I feel a trip coming to the Depot. It is great to get storage things off the floor.

Julierose said...

What a lovely garden spot you have to relax and sew in...It looks so welcoming...
Now, I have to say I truly do envy your shelving units-- and look at that STASH!! Amazing--all ordered and neat...another lovely inside spot to create....enjoy hugs, Julierose

O'Quilts said...

WOW Very impressive...Beautiful and neat...

The Joyful Quilter said...

I can't imagine what it must feel like to walk into that beautiful studio, Julie! Your organizational skills astound me.

Vicki in MN said...

Wow your shelves look just perfect and oh so pretty!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

it looks so great! and the empty shelf.. well it can hold the die for now - but you can buy more fabric!!

Nann said...

So tidy! Will it stay that way?

swooze said...

Stash organization is in the air!

Barb N said...

How wonderful! Everything is right there so you can see. Just Pick & Choose, and you've got it!

Mari said...

A handy hubby is an absolute blessing, isn't he? It looks great and very organized. Your plants look beautiful, too, and we're with you-- as much time outside as possible before the weather turns. Enjoy it while we can!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Your shelving and fabrics look wonderful and so organized. I'd like to have a new storage system for my fabric to make it more accessible but it's just in the cards right now.

Chookyblue...... said...

Your shelves all look so pretty colour coordinated.....

Mystic Quilter said...

Fantastic shelving set up Julie!! I am very, very envious, my fabrics are stored in a wire basket shelving sort of system which means I have to lift out quite a large and heavy basket, too heavy at my age!! DH tells me he can fix up shelving - but I wonder when. How wide are your
bookcases?