Friday, July 17, 2020

Dumpster Diving 11-Mischief Maker - July's Monthly Update




Here is where things stood a couple of weeks ago
 with Dumpster Diving 11 - Mischief Maker.

Twelve blocks made with eight more to go.




You may have noticed the blue vinyl table corner 
in several of my recent photos - this is how it looks 
with some of the items from the Christmas corner 
stored underneath.
 
(they'll leave once the renovations are done)

The table is one DH and I use for 
stretching and at-home PT.

(normally it is out from the design wall
by a foot or so - it sits in the open space
between the wall and my cutting table)



Here is my "dark blue" block for July.

(the colorful seaweed-y print is the almost very last
of a fabric purchased for one of my very first quilts)




And here is my "brights on black" block for July.

I absolutely LOVE this mish mash riot of colors.




And then there were fourteen blocks on the design wall.

(newest two pinned on point atop the others
since it's too hard to reach higher 
and there's no room to go lower right now)




Going forward there will be 
a block with yellows and one with golds.




There will be a block with reds 
and a block with warm browns.




And there will be a block with red violets 
and one with blue violets.

* * *

By the end of October 
all twenty blocks should be finished.

THEN it will be time to get them 
laid out (4 x 5) and sewn together.

* * *

I've linked this post with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 

Click HERE to see what some of the others
are sharing this week.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Friends are those rare people who ask how we are, 
and then wait to hear the answer."   
Ed Cunningham

31 comments:

Joyce said...

The colors are so wonderfully intense - beautiful!

Pip said...

I love the blue block,(actually I love them all), the blocks on the wall seem to glow, really looking forward to seeing this quilt finished.

Julierose said...

Stunning combos on your blocks--love the intensity of the color pairings...just beautiful Hugs from afar Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking good, Julie!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

What fun! I adore all those colors squashed together. Yum!

Quilter Kathy said...

Another amazing dumpster quilt!
It's a strange thing that happens in a quilter's brain when she comes to using up the last bit of a fabric that has good memories for her! It happened to me this week and I was surprised by how sad I felt!

MissPat said...

That dark blue block looks so vibrant. My dark blues look kind of dull all together. Nice to see that you've got the rest of the colors all mapped out.
Pat

Janie said...

Thanks for the news on projects and color choices. I hope your renovating is going along schedule too.
The PT table must be convenient to have.

LA Paylor said...

now that you've shown the blocks on point over the others, I really like the look. I think I'd design mine to have that graphic disruption of color!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

All of the blocks are great. It will be a wonderful happy quilt.

O'Quilts said...

My heart beats with excitement at the sight of those fabrics and colors..
You have done a great job...again!!

Magpie Sue said...

I quite like the two new blocks 'on point' amidst all the colors. It would be a pain to actually set them that way but it would make for a dramatic quilt!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Julie, how are you?

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love the 'brights on black' block, almost a quilt begging to be made!

Mystic Quilter said...

Like yourself I love the brights on black blocks, it really is stunning!
I'm looking forward to watching the remaining blocks go up on the wall month by month, it's going to be a splendid quilt!

Cathy said...

So much color! I do love that multi-color on black too. Seems like it needs its own quilt!

Kathy S. said...

LOVE your colorful blocks. The same size strip runs through the block perfectly. Love the layout with the two blocks on point laying on it. Give it a whole lot of interest. Gorgeous as always!

Kat Scribner said...

These are such great blocks! My baskets of strip cutoffs are taking up space but not enough to separate into individual color families.

Linda said...

Love those Dumpster Diving blocks, such bright, jewel colours. This will be a fabulous quilt! Isn’t it amazing what treasures can be created from scraps? But you do need to have the arty knowledge like you have for it to work.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Mischief Maker blocks are just wonderful! So full of color. I really love the photo of all the colors up on the wall together!

maggie fellow said...

I really like your fabrics and the blocks are very fun

Deb A said...

Wow! I just went and followed links. Your DD11's are just beautiful. I think I am going to have to make one of these next year and see what happens. Love the quilt beside DD11 on the wall as well! Thank you for the inspiration.

Bambi Pearson said...

Ooh, love this quilt so far. Can hardly wait to see finished product. Stay safe Julie.

grammajudyb said...

I’ve loved looking at all your previous Dumpster Diving Quilt’s! This one is no exception! Well done!

Katie Z. said...

Your blocks are just fabulous!

Robin said...

This is such a fun quilt. I love the combination on the black block. Just delightful!

gayle said...

Oh, I do love that multi-brights-on-black block! (Well, I love all of them, but that one makes my heart go pittypat!) And seeing all your blocks-to-be is very inspiring!

Angie said...

I love how all your different fabrics work well together, especially the brights on black!

Pamela Arbour said...

Really love all your colored blocks!

Ann said...

Mixing all those prints in each color make wonderful blocks. What fun you are having. I wish we had a PT table. Something to look for.

jeanne hewell-chambers said...

these colors are phenomenal!