Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Incremental Progress


In addition to the two quilts-in-progress
there are three more in my sewing studio.

Left side - the first few Otsego Revisited blocks

Right side and quilt rack -
Dumpster Diving 9 - Blue Springs Road
partially sewn together

Table top - Heliophilia HRTs paired ready to sew together.

(and yes, that's also the way my brain feels these days;
scattered between too many thoughts, worries, and ideas)



A few days later, the HRTs were sewn and pressed.

105 yellow and gray
44 yellow and green

(I won't need all of them but with a scrappy project
I like to have extras for layout options)




Also on my short list are these two pillowcases.

A very special young man 
will be turning 4 all too soon.



Shifting gears a bit, back in 2013
Cherie (one of my book's SSOBB barn builders)
gave me these scrappy leftovers when



I was in the midst of making Open Ended
as part of Vicki's Fractured QAL
so I used that technique
along with some of my greens and yellows
and Cherie's scrappy squares
to make this happy scrappy quilt top.

Cherie recently posted about this project's
new forever home - click HERE
to read a feel good story.

* * *

The move-out from younger son's apartment
and the renovation of our bonus room 
into his new living quarters are also progressing.

All but a few tiny bits of carpet are gone
and the staples have been removed 
from the OSB flooring boards.

The ceiling is freshly painted
and new lighting has been installed.

Both of the closets have been emptied and painted
with new LED lighting has been added.

The walls are about fifty percent painted.

New wood laminate flooring is on order
and expected by early next week.

Inch by inch we're getting things done.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“The whole culture is telling you to hurry, while the art tells you to take your time.  ALWAYS listen to the art.”
Junot Diaz

16 comments:

Bambi Pearson said...

Wow, you are a busy, busy person. Wish I had the energy and creativity you have. Hope your neck is feeling better.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I read the story over on Cherie's blog yesterday. SEW sweet! By the state of your studios, it looks like you are just as distracted as the rest of us, Julie. The most astonishing this in your post is the fact than Little Man is turning four soon. YIKES!! How can it possibly be 4 YEARS already?!?!

Julierose said...

Oh removing those carpeting staples is a knee/back breaking job for sure (ask me how I know this).
Your QIPs are really coming together so well..I really love the blue/yellow strippy one a lot
Hugs from afar Julierose (still finishing up)

Joyce said...

Your colors always pull me in and inspire me. The blue and yellow are so intense - I love it. With so much going on, I commend you on your accomplishments.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love all the quilt colors. So inspiring. I am getting to not like very much lots of white fabric with color blocks. It is like adding too much water to soup. Glad your remodel is progressing. My basement studio is almost done. Vinyl planks and molding in. Just some last electrical work and the plumber has to replace the pipe for the outside water and then it is time to try out a couple of different layouts so I can be back in quilting.

LA Paylor said...

so much getting done! The green one at the bottom is so fun, especially the binding area. Good for you to renovate the house... I am rubbish at that stuff.

Janie said...

Great work and plans!
Moving ahead, that's how it gets done, not much glamor in that but I think glamor is over rated, really just smoke and mirrors.

audrey said...

I'm feeling very scattered between projects too, but telling myself to just go with the flow. As long as we're still working on something then eventually there should be progress on all! Love getting a peek into your studio.:)

Ann said...

You have so many wonderful projects going. The colors are just beautiful and reflect your joy in quilting. I'm delighted your son is able to live with you during this messy time. So much safer and happier for your all.

Mari said...

All of your projects look so cheery. I love those blues and yellows. What is it that makes those two colors always look good together? Happy birthday to Little Man! Four is such a fun age. And good luck with the ongoing renovations. It's always nice when it's done, but getting there can be an ordeal.

Carol E. said...

Big oops! I accidentally called "Levar Burton Reads" a BLOG, when it really is a podcast. Sorry for the confusion.

Chrysanthemum said...

You are such an inspiration! I’m working through scrap boxes and now I have some new ideas! Love it all. Sew many scraps, sew many ideas, sew little time.. Well, time is always there but I do like gardening, reading, sketching and being retired!

Mystic Quilter said...

You are to be congratulated Julie on having so many projects going at once. It is good to swap works in progress around now and then, keeps us stimulated.
Pleased your renovations are progressing little by little, these things do take time.

Paulette said...

I can relate to feeling scattered these days. I marvel at how your sewing space is so organized! Good luck on the renovations. Sounds like you're making great progress.

Magpie Sue said...

I love how cohesive you've made this flimsy look. It seems a shame that it will be pared down to a smaller size, however slightly. :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

I do like the projects your working on.....