After days of sewing long seams
in between other activities,
this quilt top is finally sewn together.
The oversize top currently measures
55" wide x 74" long (untrimmed).
It looks quite crooked in the photos
but in reality it is surprisingly straight.
Once quilted, I'll square it to roughly 50" x 63"
(don't hold your breath - that won't happen anytime soon)
This particular project was conceived
sometime in mid-2019.
I have lost track of the design changes
but am delighted with my final choice -
such a traditional color combination
but such a non-traditional layout.
* * *
Renovation update:
Final wall repairs are in process
and then the last of the wall painting
can be completed.
Flooring is in transit.
Once it arrives,
DH will do the floor leveling
that needs to be done.
A few days after that
the laying of the new floor can begin.
One step at a time.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“One of the sincerest forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.”
Bryant H. McGill




15 comments:
Beautiful quilt Julie, I love the movement created by the randomness of the blue and yellow strips. Renovation - all good things take time!!
Love the quilt Julie, it reminds me of the knitting done with variegated yarn, I agree with Maureen, lots of movement in it.
I love this quilt, the movement, the random placement of the color variations. I might well copy this with my own scraps.
Congrats on another wonderful quilt top, Julie! I can totally see why you allowed this one to grow gradually. Sewing all of those long vertical seams wouldn't be very much fun.
I love the bands of yellow that dance across this piece...nice work...~ ~ ~ waving from inside with the AC on Julierose
There is a magic to this quilt that I love. Simply enchanting!
Congratulations on the flimsy! It looks great! Best of luck finishing the renovation. That always causes such a mess but when it’s done you’ll be happy.
Lovely quilt and such a great color combo. Hope to see pictures of your son's new digs!!
I love the ikat effect in your Blue Springs Road top! It sparks ideas to think about...
Wow! Sunshine through the waterfall.
I really like this one and have enjoyed watching you work on it. As a Blue and Gold University of Michigan grad I'm really drawn to it. Maybe I should start collecting those colors?!!
I like the ikat effect too and the blue and yellow compliment is striking.
Progress is being made!
Blue and yellow are such a classic combination, so fun to see a modern take on them. It would be interesting to see your squaring up process when the time comes. I was an excellent math student, but I still stress whenever it's time to square a quilt Tips always appreciated, and I think it is probably a crucial element in your design toolbox.
I like Nann's comment. Sunshine through a waterfall indeed!
Love the dark blue eye towards the middle to bottom area of the quilt. This quilt has a very sharp, moody look to it. Like it can't decide whether to laugh or to cry.:)
Post a Comment