Monday, January 27, 2020

Awaken - The Flimsy



The blocks for Awaken have been sewn together.

The top measures 64" x 64"




The top and back were pin basted
before I took a photo of the flimsy
because the indoor light was not great
and the weather outdoors was worse.




My goal is to get Awaken
(February's kitchen table quilt)
quilted and finished this week.




For those who have asked if I'm saving the 1974 newspaper
from the back of the string pieced diamond star blocks -
you can see in this photo the largest pieces
that I've been able to save.

Otherwise . . .




. . . this is what happens when they're removed.

 However, I did photograph the back of each block
before any of the papers were removed.

It's slow going but I am making progress.


Quiltdivajulie
----------------------------------------------
“There is a voice that doesn’t use words.  Listen.”

Rumi

13 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

You are on a roll. Looking forward to seeing your next kitchen table quilt (on the table)! I am surprised that the newspaper doesn't just crumble after all that time.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Slow going, for sure! Been there, done that. SEW not interested in ripping papers off EVER again!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Save the papers? Eye roll.
Awaken is positively terrific, I love it.

Mari said...

What a bright, happy picture to have show up this morning! love it, and you're sure to have many happy days seeing it in the kitchen first thing in the morning.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

OMG, I just love your Awaken quilt. Those brilliant colors!!! Just what your kitchen table needs during dull February.

Barb said...

I look forward to seeing your finished quilt....

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A lovely bright quilt! I think a photo before removing those papers was a great idea!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is great to see such juicy colors of Awaken on such gray wet days. Looks like so much fun.

O'Quilts said...

bright and happy...and btw, I love your idea of making seasonal quilts for the table..

Kaja said...

I guess making one a month sets a natural deadline. I'm sure you'll be finished before February though and will be enjoying this lovely quilt on your table. I think it's the perfect colour scheme for the season - slightly chilled blues and greens with pink to hint at the coming spring.

audrey said...

I know that I would have a terrible time working with those particular fabrics in the first quilt, but I LOVE what you did there! The pink/coral red is a wonderful compliment to the blues and greens and makes everything look so cozy. Love it!

Preeti said...

Who needs caffeine when there is "Awaken" by Julie ;-)

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how you quilt this one - I have to say once again how much I love your colours!