Groundhog Day has happened!
I got so excited after sewing the rows together
that I forgot to take photos of the flimsy -
so here is a photo of the top being pin basted to the backing.
I took this photo immediately after I finished quilting
the quilt with horizontal wavy lines.
I simply adore the texture
and the way it looks on the back of the quilt.
I couldn't bear to toss those last few string segments,
so I pieced them into the back.
After a false start on the binding (wrong color),
I went with a turquoise solid.
And then we were off to the park for a photo shoot
on a chilly windy morning.
I was going to take photos of the quilt
draped over the railings of the wooden bridge
but the wind nearly stole the quilt
and tried to toss it into the creek
so we returned to the much safer playground area.
The sunlight threw some interesting shadows.
51" wide x 63" long
This finish comes nearly 2 years after I purchased
the Cherrywood fabrics at Spool (now closed) in Chattanooga.
And SO worth all the dithering and design changes
that happened along the way!
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"If you are leaping a ravine, the moment of takeoff is a bad time for considering alternative strategies... Do it in the 'closed' mode. But the moment the action is over, try to return to the 'open' mode... because in that mode we are the most aware, most receptive, most creative, and therefore at our most intelligent."
John Cleese







19 comments:
Beautiful finish Julie! A great way to end the week with a feeling of accomplishment.
The quilt looks terrific, so bright and cheery. Congratulations on a super finish!
Lovely!!! Such a happy quilt and the fabric must be glorious (I love Cherrywood). How far apart are the wavy lines? Looks like 2"?? Can I have it???
Took my breath away...Such a fabulous finish!!!
Gorgeous! And SO springy!
Congratulations, perfect quilt for spring, fun staging too.
And the colors! makes my heart sing.
Beautiful job! Love this quilt so much. It's got a really happy vibe.:)
Oooolala! Wonderful!
This is just beautiful! The binding is the perfect color, and the quilting is the perfect complement to the piecing. Totally worth all the dithering!
A glorious finish Julie, so very, very colourful and a perfect setting for the photographs.
Gorgeous! Great job. Thanks for all the pics!
Color-drenched and beautiful, right down to the binding and back. It looks great draped in the park!
Such a fantastic quilt - LOVE it? Can you tell me about the pins that you use? I've seen them once or twice on blogs and they look like they would be great for basting...
Your photo shoot emphasizes the playfulness of this awesome quilt.
Congrats on getting this fab piece finished! I don't know what you started with, but the turquoise binding is perfect. Love the texture from the wavy line quilting, too! Yummy all around :)
Beautifully done!
LOOOOVE it!! What an amazing quilt!!
a really wonderful quilt ! Congrats on the finish :-)
Love this! Such pretty colors .
Post a Comment