Thursday, December 31, 2015

Mini Wall Quilt



While tidying up,
I re-discovered this box of itty-bitty HSTs
leftover from making Fruit Loops.

Hmmmm . . . 

How to turn them into something coherent . . . 




I stitched each set of four HSTs together,
then framed each square in a square 
with strips leftover from What Lies Beneath.

This photo shows the twelve 4" blocks 
before they were stitched together.




Here is the mini quilt top all sewn together.

I'm thinking minimal straight line quilting 
and a simple black binding . . .

* * *

Linking up with the Ad Hoc Improv Quilters.

CLICK HERE to see what the others have been doing this month. 


Quiltdivajulie

10 comments:

Kaja said...

Nicely done!!

Ann said...

I like the alternation of black and white fabrics in the centers. Cute project.

Sue said...

Short and sweet! Love it!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

A New Years' "confetti" quilt... I love it!

Ann said...

Thanks for linking this darling quilt with AHIQ. I love seeing what everyone does with their leftovers. Fabulous.

Janie said...

Great contrast and use of color! Happy New Year!

Browndirtcottage said...

Why Mzzzzz Julie, this is simple DIVINE!! I wish tidying up my "spot" would result in
something as cute as this!

linda said...

Such a nice mini - just enough color to add some spice, just enough negative space to feel relaxing. Love.

Mystic Quilter said...

What a sweetie of a mini quilt - just right! Happy New Year Julie!

June D said...

Really like what you did with the fabric!