Friday, January 1, 2016

Moments in Time (Blocks 49-71)



A few at a time,
I've been cutting circles
from scraps and projects at hand.

I just hadn't taken time to stitch
those circles onto 
their background squares.




These photos include 22 new circles.

Did you notice the lobster in the first group?

Valerie in Nova Scotia tucked a strip of that lobster print
inside my Christmas card . . . 




That spring-y looking print with the little birds
was chosen in honor of our recent record-breaking temperatures.




There are circles representing pillow tops/backs, previous quilts,
scrappy strata/slabs, and even scrubs in this grouping.

I'm also pretty sure the eventual layout will involve
this kind of dark/light background approach.

* * *

There's a link in my sidebar for Quilty 365
if you aren't familiar with this project.

You can also CLICK HERE 
for this month's Quilty 365 Link Up.

So many wonderful interpretations . . .


Quiltdivajulie

20 comments:

Amy said...

When you group them together, they look like a universe in fabric. Marvelous!

Amy said...

When you group them together, they look like a universe in fabric. Marvelous!

Judy in Michigan said...

Happy New Year Julie!! I'm thinking you'll be getting lots of strips of fabric now (like the lobster). Best wishes for a super 2016.

Mari said...

Happy new year! Great-looking "planets!" They do look like a fun universe to be in.

CosoQueTeCoso said...

Te está quedando precioso!!!!
Besitos.

Juliann in WA said...

What a fun background fabric!

audrey said...

The background makes for such vibrant circles! Great fun.:)

Quilting Babcia said...

Fun circles and great background fabrics!

Mystic Quilter said...

These circles are bursting with colour and pop like crazy on your blues for the background. I have to begin on mine tomorrow!!

scraphappy said...

The blue backgrounds are lovely. Looks like you have used lots of special fabrics already.

gayle said...

Your colors are like fireworks, bursting against those blue backgrounds. Love it!

Kaja said...

This is looking great! I love how your circles shine against the blue backgrounds and the mix of dark and light blues.

Marly said...

The blue backgrounds set off the circle fabrics wonderfully. This is a great layout; I hope you keep it.

Liberty said...

I love your circles. Do you want a present of fabrics blue for your backgrounds ?
my email : objectif.liberty@gmail.com

Cathy said...

Ah, beautiful circles in a sea of blue!

liniecat said...

Stunning blocks, mine are wayyyy too subtle.
I'm going to have to jazz up my colours lol whatever mood I'm in !

Sisbabestitches said...

Wow, I have a shocking case of fabric envy! The lobster just cracked me up, too too cute. And loving the spring birdies too! The blues for background are so fabulous :)

tink's mom said...

Great fabric choices. Love the blue backgrounds.

Paulette said...

Your beautiful deep blue backgrounds lend an ethereal quality to your circles. It's like gazing at beautiful planets in an alternate universe. Just gorgeous!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love the colors. And I love how you have pieced some of your circles. I noticed the lobster right away (being from Maine) and I love the story behind it!