Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Either Or (the quilt)



Either Or

48" x 64"

Created using the Rail Fence design
from Cultural Fusion Quilts by Sujata Shah
and black and white fabrics rescued
from the no-longer-wanted section of Chris's stash.

Quilted on my Bernina using the walking foot.




I stitched three lines along the diagonal length of each dark zig zag.
(left edge / center / right edge)

I stitched a single line down the center of the white zig zags.

(medium gray Aurifil 50wt thread)




I haven't laundered the finished quilt yet.

It is already soft and lovely
and I know it will be even more so 
since the Warm and Natural batting 
softens and shrinks by 2-3%.

* * *

So what did I use to back this one?

Scroll down . . . 






(keep scrolling)








(just a little more scrolling)













Ta Da !

I found this glorious yardage during
the going-out-of-business sales
at our now-closed LQS.

The binding was made using
leftover backing fabric 





I love the way the free form zig zags 
translate into stitching lines across the back.





Either Or is my third freeform Rail Fence quilt.

There is a fourth one already cut out
and waiting to be stitched . . .


Quiltdivajulie

11 comments:

Ann said...

Lovely combination of black and white on front with poppies on back. Thanks for sharing all the details, too.

Nancy said...

Very nice, and the surprise on the back provides just the right punch!

Lesley Gilbert said...

I love the black and white and those poppies are gorgeous :)

Judy in Michigan said...

WOW - love it!!

Elaine M said...

Love the shading and 3D effect the B&W and W&B fabric create. Great back and quilting. I think Chris wants her fabric back.Ha ha!

Sujata Shah said...

Either Or.. Love it! The name and the black and white version with that beautiful backing. did you say the fourth already cut out? Oh I am so jealous! I need to do some sewing myself!!!!

gayle said...

Now that makes me giggle!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love it, and the backing is glorious!

Nann said...

Scrumptious!!

Millie said...

Yup, the Rail Fence. Quite addictive, isn't it? I sense another one in my future...

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is stunning!!!