Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Blueberry Nonsense - the quilt


Blueberry Nonsense went on a short field trip
to the local elementary school playground.
(At 97 degrees - it was HOT!)



Yes, the "piano keys" on the jungle gym play notes when pressed!

Chris quilted BN with her fabulous free motion swirls.

Love the texture!!



I just couldn't resist this shot!

You can read about the beginnings of this quilt here.



Miss Ladybug certainly did not need this quilt to keep her warm!


* * *




This is the pillow that I made using Clare's orphaned piece.
(see previous post for "before" photo)

I added lots of wonky line stitching along her inserts.




I added only a little of my own fabric to her scraps
to create the back side . . .

Thanks, Clare!!

Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Very fun photos!

Elaine M said...

Love your photos, great quilt and pillow.

Teresa said...

The pictures are perfect with your quilt - just love the themes and the quilts.

Millie said...

The photo of the quilt with the hippo is hilarious!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Totally fun shots! luv the quilt too!

glen

Clare said...

You'll never guess what! This is soooo weird! Those blue blocks on the back are the left overs from my Blueberry Fool quilt. How spooky is that!

Love the Hippo photo.

Magpie Sue said...

I LOVE the photo of the hippo "eating" the quilt! That pillow is just as much fun- excellent save. :- )

I can see why you'd be unsatisfied with the setting for your barn blocks. It was good the way it was but I think you're right about liberating the setting a bit. You'll come up with something fabulous, no doubt about it!

Sheila said...

FUN pictures! Love everything about this quilt, especially the Kaffe Fassett borders :D