Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sedici - the quilt


Sedici is finished!

(Sedici = sixteen in Italian)

I posted about the flimsy here.



Chris did some really, really marvelous free motion work ~

I love the movement across the surface of this quilt!



I've had the binding fabric for years . . . 

and I am so happy with the way it works here.




Double click to see the quilting detail from the back side . . . 

amazing!




These photos were taken at the park near our city hall . . .



. . . where this fellow kept a very close eye on the proceedings! 


Quiltdivajulie

7 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful...I love the quilting!

Unknown said...

The quilt turned out beautifully!! It is a good thing the duck didn't decide to claim the quilt as his own. I am sure he was admiring it's beauty.

Elaine M said...

Great colorful quilt. Love how the addition of triangles add movement.What a fun backing.

Sheila said...

Your quilt is beautiful, delightful front and back! Lovely quilting, too.

Jean said...

It is gorgeous! LOve it!

Clare said...

Lovely colours. As usual, Chris has done a superb job.

janequiltsslowly said...

Beauty. The quilting is great.