I've been going to re-arrange and update the top of the bookshelf for ages.
At long last, it is done!
The now-framed quilt booklets were my grandmother's.
The wooden knitting needles were my other grandmother's.
The wooden spools are a mish-mash from at least four maternal ancestors.
The bargain basement tray has been painted.
(wonderful purple with golden glimmers)
I used pages torn from old, broken books
to decoupage the tray's interior.
(covering up the dreadfully-ugly original)
Did I tell you how much I love my new digital frame
with photos of my quilts?
Played with more leftover pieces from previous quilts
and created a reversible 12" x 72" runner for my grandpa's old radio ~
a perfect display spot for one of DH's recent turnings.
This is the front view . . .
(the hollow form is willow oak, turned green, 11" x 11")
Clare sent me her orphan piece (and scraps) ~
it is on the design wall while I ponder.
I'm thinking it could become a wonderful
quilted throw pillow cover for our couch.
Time will tell!
And, last but not least,
I have un-stitched the block borders from
the August through December barn blocks.
* * *
As you enjoy your long weekend,
please remember . . .
![]() |
| Arlington National Cemetery (Photo courtesy of Google Images) |
Quiltdivajulie

4 comments:
You have done a great job decorating and reusing treasured objects! I especially like the idea of the framed booklets above the book shelf. It has never occurred to me to hang something ABOVE the shelves...it looks great!
Goodness you are organised. Can I borrow you please!
I'll be interested to see what you come up with.
Love how you are arranging things...loved your displays.
Everything looks great! I am glad to see the blue OFF the barns. They are free at last!
Post a Comment