I delivered my quilts to the registration desk
during a longer than usual lunch hour excursion.
(This is the one local show in which I participate each year)
and the White Coat
will all be there.
This is an open event with no judging,
but visitors are encouraged to vote for their favorites in each cateogry.
(. . . hence the "Viewer's Choice Award" ribbons)
This gazebo is just outside the main entrance to Hillwood.
I love how the vines were trained to grow and cover the canopy!
| One of the outbuildings at Davies Manor. |
Davies Manor Plantation is one of the oldest in Shelby County.
During the weekend event,
the older quilts will be displayed at the manor house
(in most appropriate surroundings)
while the 200 or so newer quilts
will be showcased at Hillwood.
If you are in the Memphis area this weekend,
hope you'll stop by!
Quiltdivajulie
3 comments:
Best of luck!
I love that outbuilding. Very inspirational don't you think?
all your quilts and the white coat will be greatly enjoyed by viewers! what a cool place for a show! My guild's show (non-juried also) is this weekend too-nothing like spending a few hours drooling over real live quilts and discussing nothing else-fun fun!
This is one place we never visited while we lived there...have a good show.
Mama Bear
Post a Comment