Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Alpha Palooza - Revising the Flimsy



The unstitching process hasn't been as difficult as I feared . . .

However, getting a decent photo of this background fabric is a challenge!




The background, in real life,
is very warm and inviting.

In these photos, it looks a bit flat and boring.




While I unstitch the final two rows of letter blocks,
I will be pondering what to do about the border corners.

I don't have enough of the background to piece four blocks,
and there are not enough of the surrounding scraps to make blocks.

Maybe I'll just add the side border the way it is in the photo.

Hmmmmmm . . . 


Quiltdivajulie

9 comments:

Clare said...

I like the last option.

Millie said...

I think it's 26 kinds of wonderful. LOVE the way you've spaced them out, and I agree with Clare.

Barb said...

I hate unstitching....I do love your letters!!

beth said...

Love this one!

Deborah said...

Very, very awesome!!

Denise :) said...

You were right -- it definitely needed the space between the letters. It's looking great! :)

Lynette said...

This is one extremely cool quilt :D

Jan said...

That's really clever!!

Kathy said...

Awesome. Wish I could see it in person. You're right, sometimes it's hard to capture the color and detail in a photo.