Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Out of the Box


Yes, this is what was in the box from yesterday's post.


Before her most recent garage sale,
Wanda posted a photo of the "very pink" she made for her daughter
and wondered who would want to buy this at her sale.


After a series of e-mails, her bedskirted and ruffled
quilt-as-you-go dresden quilt now lives at my house.

Rescue plans include removing the side panels
and repurposing the dotted swiss with eyelet 
into a child's quilt for Margaret's Hope Chest.


Then I'll begin a rescue effort for the dresdens,
liberating them from their soft pink background.

Not sure yet how the transformation will take place,
but I'll share photos along the way.

Thanks, Wanda!



After all the terrible storms we've had this spring,
our plants are finally beginning to bloom again.
This mandevilla is the show-off of the crowd.

Here's to the rest of the week
and whatever new adventure lie ahead!

Quiltdivajulie

1 comment:

Denise :) said...

Your mandevilla is beautiful! I'll be watching to see how the Dresden plates get used! :)