Friday, May 13, 2011

Senescence - the Quilt


Back on November 5th, I posted photos of Senescence - the flimsy
along with the quilt's back story  (please go take a look,
or the rest of this may not make so much sense).

Today, I am very happy to share photos of Senescence - the Quilt.

Yes, the long-stalled binding has been finished.
Freshly laundered, the quilt is crinkled and oh, so soft.


When I pieced the binding strips last fall,
I allowed the stripes to run whichever way they chose ~
not forcing the diagonals to run in a continuous line.

Now that the binding is on the quilt, I'm very glad I made that choice.

The finished binding is a lot like life itself, full of changes in direction.


Chris quilted Senescence using
 the Drip panto and lime splash thread.
The results are just wonderful.


This one is likely to become one of our go-to favorites!

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------
"Wisdom comes from metabolizing what we learn from others and from experience to a point where it can be shared"
(Mary Catherine Bateson, 4/11 Legacy of Wisdom conference)

3 comments:

Sherri ~ daintytime said...

Congrats on completion. It looks so lush!

quiltmom anna said...

Look at all those beautiful Kaffe fabrics Julie- they are totally yummy- It turned out to be such a fabulous quilt- You are going to treasure it for many years to come.
Regards,
Anna

jovaliquilts said...

It really is a beautiful quilt! Love the photos.