Monday, May 16, 2011

Brush Strokes ~ finished


To be gifted in June, Brush Strokes is now ready to go.


textural rainbow
boldly subdued shades tumble
orderly chaos



Created with Marcia Derse fabrics
(from her Streamline and Third in Line collections),
this liberated Yellow Brick Road lap quilt
has a wonderfully scrappy reverse.

Chris chose the Shiva panto and a rich gray thread for her quilting ~
the effect is perfect!


The Urban Squares green and Yuwa newsprint were leftover
after making Lynne's Obsolecence ~ and, due to my
overzealous block construction, the colors from the 
front appear again on the back, creating a two-sided quilt!

It was windy and surprisingly cool outside,
so the photo shoot was kept short.


I've updated the Haiku 2011 page (see link in sidebar)
(and my Quilt Album tracking software entries).
It does feel good to cross things off the to-do list!

I found another article that discusses the spiritual art of
four word poems ~ distilling the essence ...

Here's what I chose for Brush Strokes ~

Happy fifth wedding anniversary

Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful quilt!! Color, texture and design!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

A strikingly beautiful creation of celebrating color and construction!

jovaliquilts said...

Scrumptious!

Magpie Sue said...

Good on you, knocking those things off your to do list. I know that feels good. It frees you up to think about newer projects too! As always, your quilts look great. For a moment there I thought maybe I'd receive Brush Strokes for my June birthday ;- )

Diane said...

What a perfect pattern for showcasing this extraordinary line of fabric.