Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ready and Waiting


It was finally time to work on the scrappy back 
for the second of my three Folk School class flimsies:
Border Town (name inspired by Jimmy Buffet lyrics that 
popped into my head as I learned Tone's easy arches process ~
"...follow your intuition into that border town").



This is by far my least favorite part of the process ~
pressing the back.
It isn's quite as bad now that I have the larger ironing table,
but I still don't like to iron such large expanses of fabric.



Now, all three class flimsies have backs
 and are ready to go to Chris for quilting.
(Bottom to top:  Border Town, Sunny Day, and Curvy Rail Fence)

The bindings are also ready for all three when they return.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Quiltdivajulie
-------------------
p.s.  Can it really have been 30 years already?!?  Our younger son celebrates his birthday today and we are all so very, very grateful for those who have helped us achieve this milestone as a family . . .



No comments: